03 ≈ Today We're Getting R-R-R-R-R-R-RIPPED *airhorn noises*

I published two chapters and we're already at almost 300 reads in less than a week. You guys are the best. ❤️❤️

Also seeing those reads and the 20+ drafts of completed chapters, you have no idea of the sheer restraint I exercised to not publish anything and get validation from your comments.

———

I think I was being a bit too cocky when I said that I would become stronger than everyone else so I could protect them.

You were harshly woken up by a sharp kick to your back. You groaned and rolled over, opening one eye to see Urokodaki staring down at you with his mask.

"What's that for?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes.

"Your first lesson is how to wake up on time. Tanjiro has already started training." You hummed at his words, not really bothering to try and figure out what he was saying.

Urokodaki grabbed you by the collar of your shirt and legit threw you out of the house, making you land on the cold, slightly damp ground.

Hey, the snow melted.

Also, why do people like throwing me around so much? Am I that light?

Urokodaki stepped out of his house as you got to your feet. Then he swiftly hit your stomach and you let out a yell, hunching over.

"Old man, what was that for?!"

"You must wake up with the sun or you'll waste valuable time sleeping away."

With those words, he started to run down the mountain. You raised an eyebrow, half expecting to go up, where the air is thinner. But you followed him nonetheless.

Tree branches smacked your face as you ran, trying your best not to slip on the terrain. Urokodaki seemed to have no difficulty, going down like he was having a jog in the park. He was fast too; you could barely keep him in your sights as you dodged around boulders and piles of leaves. You were starting to breathe heavily only five minutes into the run and it didn't seem like the two of you were stopping anytime soon.

When he finally did, your legs were aching as you panted, holding onto a tree trunk for support. The man was silent as he watched you push yourself to your feet, your chest rising up and down. He had stopped in a clearing some ways down the mountain, the ground around you feeling similar to the one around the house.

"You cannot go through the same training as Tanjiro," He started. Your face fell into a deadpan.

Does he not remember that I literally have no idea what the fuck he's saying?

"You are not accustomed to the mountain air and lack of oxygen. For your current self to go through altitude training will result in headaches, dizziness, nausea, and lack of ability to move around, which will be counter-productive to what we are aiming for."

Sure, sure, go off.

"You will do twice as many exercises as Tanjiro at the base of the mountain to build your endurance and strength. Then we will gradually increase the altitude until you can run down the entire mountain without taking a break. Your lungs will be used to the limited oxygen and you will be able to move more efficiently in environments where there is low oxygen, increasing your body's capabilities of using your muscles and, in the future, your breathing style, to their maximum capacity."