027 ≈ Keyboard Smash

This gorgeous fanart was done by Royally_wonderful and I love the cute little fangs they added.

I'll be honest, I completely forgot that Sabito and Makomo told (Y/N) about the soul inside her. This entire time, I've been thinking about ways to foreshadow and shit, but I just up and said it ages ago . . . damn.

Sorry for the long break! I am ashamed to admit that I still have writer's block. I just want to write action and fluffy romance! But I need development before I write action and fluffy romance! It's an endless cycle! It's pain!

———

"One, two three — hup!" You pinched your nose and squeezed your eyes tight as Kanzaki Aoi quickly jammed three spoons of your nasty-ass medicine in your mouth. The second you swallowed the last spoon, you chugged a glass of water like a man who'd been stuck in a desert for twenty years.

"Aah!" You finished drinking with a loud sigh and wiped your mouth.

"I'm still amazed at how you look like you drank alcohol every time you drink water like that," Kanzaki stated as she started to pack up the medicines she'd brought with her.

"I'm practicing for the real thing."

It was officially the second day at the Butterfly Estate, but unofficially your third because you woke up in the middle of the night that one time you thought Kocho was committing a crime.

Speaking of Kocho, despite her agreeing to be your sparring partner, she was so swamped with work that you barely ever saw her. Admittedly, you hadn't started your rehabilitation yet, so you probably wouldn't be allowed to spar with her anyway. Regardless of your ability to fight like your ass was on fire, Kocho was too busy.

Was it because she's working with Tamayo to come up with an anti-Kiboochi drug?

You weren't sure if Tamayo was at the Butterfly Estate or if there was a long-distance thing going on. Given the large estate, it would have been entirely possible for Tamayo and Yushiro to be in one isolated part of the estate to secretly work on the drug without you ever running into them. Though, it would be nice to meet them. Maybe you could wander around while pretending (but not actually) to have poor directional skills (because Lord knows you needed a GPS wherever you went) and 'accidentally' find them.

Of course, this is if they actually are staying in the estate.

Does Kocho know that I suggested the collaboration idea to Ubuyashiki? I wonder if I could go up to her like 'Hey, I suggested this thing one time at some point and I'm wondering if you know that I suggested this thing one time at some point so maybe I could help you do this special thing if I can and if you let me help with this thing?'.

Yeah . . . that makes no sense.

You sighed, your body sagging in the bed and you flopped your arms around. Sometime while you were thinking about Queen Tamayo, Kanzaki had left the room with all your medicines and used spoons.

"Let's like work from the shadows or something," You muttered, "Like a spy. Dun, dun, dundun dun, dun, dundun dun, dun, dundun dun, dun, dundun~"

If it wasn't obvious, you started humming the Mission: Impossible theme.

"What an interesting tune!"

A voice from behind you made you freeze, your heart dropping at the shock.

You heard the fluttering of cloth as Kocho Shinobu stepped into your room with a serene smile on her face. When she walked close to you, she tapped your forehead.