019 ≈ The Dual Revival Of The Windows Meme

Lmao, this took a while. I am not dead, folks. Surprisingly this still gained quite a few likes over the three weeks I was MIA so thank you to the new readers and hope you enjoy the book. To the older readers, every day I wonder why you're still here but I'm glad that you are.

This will be a triple update for the three weeks I missed and the probable annoyance you will feel when you finish Chapter 21 (no, nothing happens in the plot).

———

You gracefully passed out soon after the fight. When you came to, you were laying on a bed with a doctor inspecting your injuries. As he felt around your ribs, you winced and he noticed that you were awake.

Smiling, he said, "I'm Ango and I've been put in charge of your injuries."

"What about Bearnice and Touma?" You whispered, your throat too dry to speak any louder. Ango gestured behind him and when you lifted your head, you could see Touma's battered body laying on a bed similar to yours with another doctor looking after him. Meanwhile, through the window beside him, you could see Bearnice poking her head through it. When she caught your eye, her head lifted and she let out a loud 'aroo', startling both doctors. You grinned and waved back at her.

You settled back in your bed as Ango adjusted his glasses.

"You have one fractured rib and some cuts that we've already treated and wrapped, so a week or so of rest would get you back to normal," He stated. You nodded, knowing very well that you were going to leave on your next mission by the end of the day.

"Okay."

After Touma's doctor finished his checkups, they both left after informing you that someone would come by with food. As they left, you wondered why they were helping.

I thought only Wisteria Houses would do these kinds of things.

When the door closed, Touma let out a long sigh of relief. You looked at him, seeing his face was a little red.

"What's up with you?" You asked, seeing him clap his hands to his cheeks.

"The doctor who was checking over me was cute," He whispered, "It was embarrassing having him look at me without any shirt on."

You snickered. "Yeah, get it, Touma."

"Get what?"

This is my chance to bring even more slang into the 1900s.

"You know that thing," You started, gesturing with your hands as you tried your best to make your words sound nonchalant. "When people are married, they do it to have kids." Touma's face grew steadily redder and you held back a laugh. "The guy has his thing, and you have yours, so then when you want to do that, you get his thing, you know?"

Touma understood what you meant, looking close to combusting as he yelled, "I'm not that easy!" before taking a pillow and weakly throwing it at you, making it easy to grab it before it hit you. "And it's called sex!"

"Oh, actually?"

He angrily nodded. "If you're going to insinuate it, why not outright say it anyway?"

" . . . I'm sorry to ask this when you're mad, but what's 'insinuate'?"

Touma huffed, harshly flopping against his bed before groaning in pain, making you cackle.