015 ≈ The Bitch, The Hoe, And The Queen

Yo 13k reads let's go. You readers are *chef's kiss emoji since it doesn't work on my laptop*

Manga spoilers for the last two-thirds of the chapter.

———

Your crow finally came back.

You were sitting outside — fiddling with some twigs, trying to twist them into a pretzel to fulfill your sudden craving for the snack — when the rotten old bird landed in front of you. Now, you weren't being mean. She started it first.

"Hoe," It cawed. You jolted, not noticing the bird. Then you blinked.

"Bitch," You instinctively replied before covering your mouth. "Shit, I'm so sorry."

The crow stared at you with bead, black eyes. You stared back, determined not to lose. You didn't know if crows could blink or not, but you were not backing down on someone who called you a hoe.

"I meant you resembled a hoe. As in the plowing tool." The crow stepped back and bent its head, clearly mocking your crouching posture from before. "I do not deserve to be called a bitch, especially since the species is entirely incorrect."

"Man, what a sassy bird you are."

"Nonetheless, my name is Sora." The crow, Sora, held out her (you think? At least, it sounded like a female name) wing to you, clearly indicating that she wanted a handshake. At your silence, she added, "This is where you shake my wing with your stubby human fingers and introduce yourself."

Jesus, girl. Calm down.

You gently pinched her wing with your pointer finger and thumb and carefully shook her wing, not wanting to harm her.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

When you let go, she ruffled her feathers indignantly.

"Are all crows named before they reach the slayer? I thought I got to name you."

I was looking forward to it too. Had top-tier names like Diablo the Second, Karasuno the Crow, and My Precious.

"I do hope your teacher is not as dumb as you."

"Hey, don't insult Urokodaki like that!" She sighed.

"To answer your question, I am the former crow of the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. However," She seemed to grow a little sad as she spoke, "He dismissed me, saying that there was a slayer who required my assistance more than he did." She ruffled her feathers again, straightening up and pacing in front of you. "But no one deserves my speed more than him! I reported directly to him after the Final Selection ended within a quarter of the day! Do you know how long it requires a crow to fly from Fujikasane to the estate? Normally, it would take eight hours. But I did it within four. Four hours!" She huffed before stopping and burrowing her beak into her chest. "And he still thinks he doesn't need my service. He's probably the only one who needs it, with his health."

"Wow," You replied.

"Don't patronize me!!" Sora started flying around your head, pecking at your skull.

"I'm not, I'm not!"

I don't even remember what patronize means!!!