031 ≈ ♪ This Could Be The Start Of Something New ♪

So. I binged the new season. I honestly think it's my favorite out of all the seasons. I love it.

The first fan work of the chapter was submitted by Sapphire on Quotev. It all started when they wanted to join the Bearnice fanclub and I, as founder and president of the club, gave them the requirements to join (as a joke) and they came through, lmao.

The second was submitted by HaraJYus as a part of their art book.

And for the third, another artist, scarasimp2, submitted another work of (Y/N). Go check them both out!

———

The sound of his heavy footfalls echoed as he made his way through the empty hallways of the Butterfly Mansion. He turned the corner and heard a high-pitched squeak of alarm. He let his purple eyes fall to the small girl clutching a basin of water in her hands.

"G-good morning, Mister Shinazugawa!" She piped up, bowing so quickly that some water splashed onto the floor. "I apologize, but Miss Kocho is treating a patient, so I must go aide her! Please excuse me!"

"Yeah, yeah," Sanemi waved her off and continued deeper into the mansion. He heard the soft patter of the girl's feet as she hurried away. He found the room he was looking for, opened the door, and saw five slayers with various parts of their bodies wrapped in bandages. Some of their bedside tables had empty medicine bottles and others had books, paper, and ink.

One of them looked at the sound of the door opening, eyes widening and mouth opening in surprise.

"Sh-Shinzaugawa-san?" She stuttered. The other four jolted at the sound of his name, their heads whipping to face the doorway.

"Huh?"

"The Wind Pillar?"

"He came?"

Sanemi crossed his arms. "If you weaklings have the energy to be this surprised, why don't you accompany me on my next mission?" The room was immediately filled with groans and moans of pain.

"Oh, my, my poor broken leg! When will it heal?"

"Ack, be quiet! I still have a horrible concussion!"

"Boohoo! My arm was almost chopped off!"

That's what I thought.

Sanemi went to each slayer's side and examined the state of their bodies, roughly estimating how long it would take for them to recover. It seemed they'd take more than two weeks, at best, and a month or longer at worst. He clicked his tongue, muttering, "You shouldn't have gotten hurt if your bodies couldn't heal fast enough," and left the room.

On his way out, he stopped by the kitchens and left some ohagi for whoever found them. He reached the door leading to the gates of the estate when he caught a glimpse of someone in the corner of his eye. They were practicing a very familiar set of forms, slashing in horizontal, cyclone patterns and claw-like motions with a wooden sword at a group of wooden dummies. He watched her for a while. It was clear that she was a newbie; she didn't have the raw strength to make full use of the Wind Breathing Forms and although her techniques were decent enough, they could definitely use some polishing. Additionally, he noticed that she seemed to have an injury on her right shoulder with the way she didn't move it as much as she should. She wasn't using her body effectively to force as much power as she could.