034 ≈ Everyone Is Qualified For An Extended Paid Vacation Except Sora

We've reached 400k+ views and 20k+ votes🥳🥳Thank you for your endless support and patience between updates!❤️❤️❤️

I've kind of realized the pacing is a little all over the place?? I don't have a concrete idea of what I'm doing, just vibing, sprinkling in a few OC moments, Pillar interactions, and (Y/N) girlbossing. I hope everyone here understands that this is going to be a hella long story . . . Just so we're on the same page, yeah? I could still be writing this in my mid-twenties (-_-;)

This fanart is by saikosCupOfTea!

Twang!

Twang!

Twang!

She blinked and found herself looking at the feet of his leader. Beside her, she noticed two others in a similar position. She felt a pit of dread swirl in her gut and started to tremble. The figure in front of her hadn't even spoken a word, but the way she felt a hostile gaze on her made the hair on the back of her neck stand and a nervous sweat trickle down her face.

"So," The figure finally spoke, the pressure on her never relenting. "How goes your search for that traitor?" They asked with the tone of already knowing the answer.

None of them dared to speak for a few moments. She glanced to the other two and saw their gazes fixed on the ground, wide eyes shaky and bodies trembling like her own. She finally decided to inhale and speak.

"It . . . is going well," She began slowly, not daring to look up at them. "Using the information we got from the demon we interrogated, they claimed to have seen a suspicious crow flying around Asakusa. Crows usually don't frequent that city, but apparently, this crow had loitered around for a few hours with a piece of paper attached to its leg before disappearing completely." She briefly glanced up in time to see their eyes narrow and hurriedly look down again. "S-so every night, we patrol the city to look for clues."

"And?"

"Th-that's all so far."

The silence that followed was sharp, like a nichirin blade to her neck. If she said the wrong thing, she would definitely die. Although, knowing her leader's temper, she would probably die regardless. She did not move at all, afraid that even the slightest movement might set them off.

A harsh sigh above her made her flinch. "At least you're honest," They muttered. She heard the sound of the slightest breeze before liquid splattered all over her side. Her eyes shifted to the fleshy arm that replaced her comrades beside her. Its fingers were now as bloody as her body. She forcibly gulped and turned her gaze downwards. Her leader continued to speak. "You know your place as well. You're incompetent but you know that." She heard cloth rustling as they took a step forward, close enough that she could reach out and touch them if she wished. "Now tell me, is there any worth in keeping around someone as incompetent as you?"

Her mouth opened and closed silently as she tried to form any words to her defense. "I-My Blood Demon Art!" She exclaimed, almost desperate. "It allows me to jump between shadows, as you are aware, sire. But I've recently discovered that I can survive the daylight as long as I move between shadows! If you give me more time, I'll investigate further and I'll be able to tell you exactly where that traitor is!"

She closed her eyes as soon as she finished, hoping that it would be enough to convince him to allow her to live. Hearing a contemplative hum above her, she wondered if she would manage to live the night.