014 ≈ Here's To All The Songs On Your Playlist That You Never Listen To

Why is the chapter called this?

. . . I don't know.

———

Sora's wings flapped as she glided over the large estate where her master lived. Normally, she'd be happy obeying her master's orders, but she was a bit annoyed at his new order to accompany a demon slayer once she submitted her report. Although the slayer was strong, she'd prefer to stay by her master's side. She was the fastest crow of her batch, and none of the newer ones had been able to match up to her, so she'd prefer if she were to stay by his side, just in case something happened.

        Additionally, his children liked to spoil her, and she liked the seeds that they'd give her from time to time.

        With another flap of her wings, her feet carefully landed on her master's stretched finger.

        "Ah, my trusted Sora has come back." She rustled her feathers at his praise as he stroked her head. "You've come back earlier than expected, as I'm still in a meeting with our Pillars."

        "Has the Final Selection already ended?" A loud, energetic voice asked. Sora turned her beak to face the yellow-haired Flame Pillar who spoke. "How long has it been since it started?"

        "Five days," The man with the snake coiled around his neck replied, holding up his hand. This wasn't the first time Sora met him, and his snake was friendly to her. She waved a wing to the snake, Kaburamaru, who lazily nodded his head in reply.

        "Only five days! How flamboyant!"

        "How many survivors were there?" A small girl with black and purple hair, the new Insect Pillar, asked. She seemed rather concerned about this fact.

        At her question, everyone turned to Sora.

        "There were no deaths!" She cawed, "All have survived!"

        "Impossible!" Was the Wind Pillar's first reaction. "My apologies, Oyakata-sama, for disregarding your crow's report, but it takes four days just to travel across the mountain without facing any demons and traveling during morning and night!"

        "I agree. Unless they just walked across without fighting, this wouldn't have happened."

        "It is possible. It has happened."

        "The brave children who traversed the mountain have done splendidly," The large Stone Pillar praised. Sora wondered why he was crying. "I am incredibly moved by their will and grateful for their continued survival."

        "Wow! This batch seems so strong!" The Love Pillar gushed, covering her blushing cheeks with her palms. "I wonder if they're nice," Sora heard her whisper as an afternote.

        "Sora, did the children show incredible skills?" Her master asked, allowing her to hop off his finger and stand on his leg.

        "Not all. Only some. Only three."

        The pillars started whispering to themselves again, but Sora could hear.

        "How could only three people have the ability to kill so many demons that it shortened the duration?"

        "Did one of them have a strange tactic?"

        "Now, now, children, let us listen to what Sora has to say before discussing," Her master spoke and the Pillars quickly became quiet. Sora internally huffed.

        I bet my new master would not be able to do this so elegantly. Must I leave Master Ubuyashiki?

        "Sora, would you be able to rank these three slayers?" Her master asked her. "Is there one stronger than the others?"