032 ≈ An Honorable Death (By Boobs): Part One

The first fanart for the chapter is from PandaChanIsSoCute! They drew the scene when (Y/N) was fighting Aoki-sensei in Chapter 23 and her sword was stolen from her.

The second fanart was by UnLuckyKitsune as a part of their art book!

Aaaaaaannnnndd we've hit 4000 hearts on Quotev!! Y'all . . . What do I even say? Thank you for sticking with the sporadically-updating, crack-headed, sorry excuse of an isekai Demon Slayer fanfic :'') 🥹

"FUCK YEAH! I'M BACK, BABY!"

"Where did you go?" Sora perched on the window of your room in the Wisteria House you were staying for the night at.

You shrugged. "I don't know, but it felt like I've been gone for a while."

Sora did her daily '(Y/N) is weird grumble' before giving you your letters. The first one in your hands was from Urokodaki. He was basically just telling you to eat well and not fall on your sword like you did that one time (he keeps bringing that up for whatever reason. You admit, it was funny as hell but equally embarrassing). Then he wrapped it up by saying that if he sees Bearnice injured when you come back, he'll make you run around the mountain five times.

Once you finished reading Urokodaki's letter, you opened Tanjiro's letter, laying it on the ground so Sora could read it out.

"'Dear (Y/N), how are you today? Are you eating well? What about your travels between missions? I hope they don't put much strain on your body. I'll be angry if you don't rest when your body is telling you it's tired! Listen to what your body is telling you!'"

You smiled lightly at his words, feeling your heart swell listening to his care for you.

"'You know when Urokodaki took us to those rocks before you left? Every day that I go to the rock to train, I pass by your rock. I can still see the cut you made that day. Since don't get to see you or hear you, the rock is my reminder that you are strong enough to protect yourself and that I should train to get as strong as possible so that I can join you when the time comes. And then we can go on missions together! Wouldn't that be really exciting? We'd get to spend time with each other, protect each other, travel to different villages, and see so much beautiful scenery! I'm really looking forward to it! Nezuko is still asleep, but I think she'll be okay. I still check to make sure she's breathing, but I think it's getting stronger! The sound of her breathing is much louder now than it was before, so that has to be a sign that she's going to wake up soon, right?'"

You nodded almost subconsciously.

"'It's almost been six months since you've left and I miss you a lot. All I can do is get stronger so I can meet you sooner! Stay healthy and happy, and I'll see you soon. Love, Tanjiro.'"

You sighed, flopping on the ground and staring up at the ceiling.

You missed Tanjiro, his positive attitude, his cute and bright smile, his caring nature, his warm hugs, the way he makes you feel safe, when —

"Please miss him more quietly." You supposed you were mumbling your thoughts out loud.

"But I miss him!" You whined, kicking your feet around a bit. "I want to hug him!" Halfway through your small tantrum, you realized something.