06 ≈ Breaking The Plot Like A Walnut (Not Very Easy, But Fun To Do Barehanded)

Guys, we've hit 1K reads! You're all the best and thank you for your votes and comments as well! ❤️❤️❤️

———

You and Tanjiro stared at each other, a steely glint in both your eyes. The setting sun shined its rays over the two of you, your elongated shadows fighting their own battles on the ground. You held out your fist as Tanjiro held out his.

"Are you ready, Tanjiro?" You asked, "I will not be nice."

"I am ready, (Y/N)."

Our fate will depend on this match. I can't mess it up.

You inhaled, then exhaled, steeling your nerves, not willing to show your unsteady emotions to your opponent.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

"YESS!"

"NOOOOOOO!! HOW DID YOU DEFEAT ME??! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL, HONEY BOY!!!!"

When Urokodaki came outside to check your progress, he would have definitely seen a weird sight. You were laying face down on the ground with Bearnice mimicking you while Tanjiro triumphantly stood on a tree stump holding the last of the deserts Urokodaki had bought for the two of you.

He sighed, shaking his head in disappointment, before walking back inside.

~~~

Urokodaki had pulled the two of you in front of the godforsaken waterfall. Even just looking at the thing made you shudder, so you turned your back on it, looking down over the ledge of the rock you were standing on, seeing the water frothing and mist spraying upwards, forming a small rainbow.

Hehe, a gay waterfall for a non-straight gal.

"The two of you must become one with the water if you hope to master the forms of Water Breathing," He stated as Tanjiro nervously looked over the edge at the height you were at. With all the time you spent with Urokodaki around various bodies of water, you knew not to waste too much time, plugging your nose and jumping in without hesitation, your feet pointed and (as Percy Jackson once emphasized) butt clenched.

You paddled to the surface just in time to see Urokodaki kick Tanjiro off of the ledge.

"NEEEEZUUUUKOOOOOO—"

Splash!

You winced as you watched him perform the most violent bellyflop you had ever seen. You hoped he was okay. Once, your cousin decided to do a bellyflop from the highest diving board in the community pool and they ended up with bruises all over their stomach and had to go to the hospital because their internals were all fucked up.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" You yelled over the roar of the waterfall. After getting no response, you swam a bit closer to where he had jumped him, only to see him floating down the river, unresponsive.

Is he dead?

You had to drag him out. The poor boy was heaving water on the riverbed while you sympathetically patted his back.

"Feeling better?" You asked once he rolled onto his back, panting.

"Y-yeah," He stammered and you helped him to his feet. "Thanks." You gave him a smile and a thumbs up.