033 ≈ An Honorable Death (By Boobs): Part Two

The fanart for the chapter was done by AotisLife2023.

If you had a word for what you were currently experiencing, the closest description would probably be bully. Yeah, that's about right. You felt like you were being bullied.

"(Y/N)!" Kanroji screamed as you were yet again kicked away from the fight. Every time you got closer to the demon, they'd lash their foot out and somehow end up slamming it into you, launching you away from Kanroji. This time, you crashed into a vegetable stall and your hand smashed a tomato as you got to your feet with a sigh.

"Damn . . . " You said with a sigh, wiping off the tomato juice on your pants. Kanroji was fighting the demon very carefully. After the initial incident where cutting off the demon's arm made Kanroji feel the same pain, you both figured that their Blood Demon Art was related to either transferring or replicating the pain they felt onto the slayers.

You started jogging back to the fight. Kanroji was holding out well on her own, stalling the demon without injuring them by using her sword to cut away wooden parts of the stands around her and blocking the demon's sight. They kept batting while you watched carefully. If you intervened at the wrong moment, Kanroji could get very injured and you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if that happened.

Kanroji's whip-like sword gleamed as she expertly swung it around her during her confrontation with the demon. From what you could tell, she wasn't using any of her Love Breathing forms. Using just her raw power and skills, she kept pushing the demon back, her eyes almost glowing in determination.

"Woah," You breathed. Watching her fight gave you a feeling completely different from watching Tokito fight. While Tokito was harsh and swift, Kanroji was completely fluid as she fought against the demon. There was never a single moment her body was stationary, always twirling and twisting to avoid the demon's claws while flicking her wrist to control her sword. You noticed that she barely injured the demon. Every attack of hers, despite how cool it looked, never did anything more than give the demon a few scratches. However, when you saw the sword glance off the demon's right shoulder, Kanroji violently flinched. The movements of her sword were disrupted and the demon lashed out, claws sinking into the flesh of her shoulder.

Kanroji let out a small whimper as the demon grinned.

"Heh, food isn't so scary now! Food can come with me!"

Before you could intervene, they flung Kanroji away, leaving their claw blood-soaked. You saw their eyes focus on her body as it flew through the air and clenched your teeth.

They're going to aim for her the moment she crashes.

The first second, Kanroji's limp body crashed to the ground. The next, you dashed forward at the same time as the demon. Your swords were raised and you didn't care how much you got hurt. You just needed to protect Kanroji.

The demon licked their lips just as their claws clashed against your blades. This pain was much worse than your initial encounter, the throbbing traveling up your arms and to your spine. Your arms trembled as you struggled to maintain their control. The demon grinned, saliva dripping down their face as they stared at you.

"Food can never beat me! Food is too weak!"

You heard a groan from Kanroji behind you.

"(Y/N)?" She muttered and you took a glance behind you. Kanroji was clutching her shoulder as blood poured from it, staining her hair and clothes a dark red. You weren't sure if she noticed, but a large gash had opened at the back of her head, bloody and dirty. Despite you starting to lose feeling in your arms, you gave her a reassuring smile.