bonus!

꧁ chapter thirty-two ꧂WWUD (what would uncle do?)

chapter thirty-two
WWUD (what would uncle do?)

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"SO, I GUESS what I'm trying to say is, I want to marry your daughter"

Zuko looked up awkwardly, trying to put on a charming smile that ended up making him look like he was in pain more than anything.

"Is that it?" Sokka broke the awkward silence.

"What?" Zuko's shoulders fell as he glared at Sokka, "Of course that's it, I worked on that speech for hours!"

"You know you don't need to say Hello, Zuko here," Sokka pointed out, "Luna's dad already knows who you are"

Zuko groaned in frustration, falling to sit back on the cushioned seat behind him.

"This is harder than I thought it'd be," He huffed before narrowing his eyes at Sokka, "And you're no help!"

"I already told you to cut one part out!" Sokka defended himself, "I've offered some real insight, don't take it for granted"

Zuko sighed, pulling out the piece of paper he kept crumpled in his pocket, tapping his pen against the page before looking at Sokka.

"You think I should keep the part about how I don't care if Chief Arnook gives me permission to marry Luna because women can make decisions for themselves?"

"Oh yeah," Sokka nodded wisely, "It shows him you're super forward thinking"

"That's a great idea," Katara agreed sarcastically as she entered the room, "If you want Luna's dad to hate you forever"

"What?" Zuko turned to her with a worried look in his eyes.

Katara rolled her eyes at his naivety and reached out to take the paper where Zuko had written his speech, scanning over it quickly.

"You know you don't need to say Hello, Zu-"

"I know!" Zuko snatched the paper back quickly.

Katara watched Zuko's nerves take over his expression, clearly nervous on how to go about his proposal.

"All you need to tell him is how much you care about her," She told him softly as she took a seat beside him, calmly placing her hand on his shoulder, "And the rest will follow"

"Gee, that's some great advice Katara," Sokka spoke mockingly, "If you want Zuko to fail!"

Zuko's eyes widened at the thought, nervously glancing between the two siblings.

"What are you talking about?" Katara asked, looking outraged at her brother's claim.

"Zuko needs to talk himself up to impress Luna's dad!" Sokka argued, "He needs to prove he can be a good husband!"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 ; 𝘻𝘶𝘬𝘰 🎉