X.

꧁ chapter ten ꧂no rest for the wicked (or team avatar)

chapter ten
no rest for the wicked (or team avatar)

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"HEY, YOU GUYS picked a great campsite," Toph complimented as she wiggled her feet around, "The grass is so soft"

"That's not grass" Meiluna replied, scrunching her nose.

"Appa's shedding" Sokka said, looking displeased.

"Oh, gross!" Katara gagged as she raised her foot in the air, attempting to kick Appa's fur off of her leg.

"That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat" Aang explained excitedly.

"Ah, the beauty of spring" Katara said sarcastically.

Appa then let out a huge sneeze, releasing a thick cloud of fur.

"Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" Katara waved her arms around.

"It's not that bad, Katara" Sokka said, turning around revealing a wig made of Appa's fur that sat on top of his head.

"It makes a great wig!" Meiluna added, laughing as she adjusted the beehive wig she made for Sokka.

"And a great beard!" Aang said, revealing his fur beard as he laughed at Sokka.

"I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you two are disgusting and Luna only encourages you" Katara complained as she wiped the fur off her clothes.

Meiluna stuck her tongue at her as Katara shook her head with a small smile.

"Excuse me, does anyone have a razor?" Toph asked before she dramatically raised her arms to reveal the fur she had stuffed inside her sleeves,

"Because I've got some hairy pits!"

The four of them burst into laughter as Katara watched them, letting out a slight chuckle.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work" Katara explained.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go" Toph shrugged casually.

"Well, actually, what I'm trying to say is some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent," Katara kept going as Momo flew over to her, dropping berries into her hands, "Even Momo does his fair share"

"Katara I'm fine. I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire, I've already collected my own food" Toph countered as she patted her bag.

"And look, my tent's all set up" She continued as she used her earthbending to create a rock tent.