XVIII.

꧁ chapter eighteen ꧂just dance

chapter eighteen
just dance

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

MEILUNA DOUBLE CHECKED her room for her belongings. It was completely spotless, as if no one had ever been there. She sighed shakily, still feeling tense with how things were left with Katara and Sokka.

Aang had also found out about Meiluna knowing of Zuko's whereabouts. He told her that he didn't blame her, and that he had once thought Prince Zuko had the potential to even be his friend at a certain time. Meiluna was shocked to hear this, but entirely grateful. Of course the Avatar had forgiven her. He had been nothing but kind to her and all those around him.

"Luna?"

Meiluna turned around quickly, seeing the two water tribe siblings standing awkwardly at the doorway. Sokka had his eyes trained to the ground, standing slightly behind his sister while Katara looked at her with an unwavering stare.

Meiluna looked straight into her eyes, unable to get any kind of read on how she felt inside. The three of them stood in each other's presence for a moment longer, a heavy silence blanketing over them.

"I'm so sorry for what I did," Meiluna dropped her gaze the the floor, her eyes watering slightly, only annoying her more.

All she wanted to do was make up for her catastrophic mistake and she couldn't get through a single second of facing her friends without crying. How pathetic she must've looked.

"Please, let me redeem myself, I'll do anything!"

Sokka finally got a proper look at the disheveled Princess, who stood with her hands clasped in front of her. He shared a look with Katara. She could recognise the way Sokka was pained to see Meiluna in such a state.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, you're my family now, and I let you down," Meiluna said softly, "I've never regretted anything more than this"

Katara slowly made her way over to Meiluna, placing a hand on her shoulder,

"I'm sorry too"

Meiluna's eyes looked to their point of contact, her tears still blurring her vision.

"You don't have anything to apologise for" She shook her head.

"I thought I was angry at you," Katara explained quietly, "But I think I was more angry that Prince Zuko hurt you"

Meiluna listened carefully, feeling her heart still racing in her chest as Katara continued.

"He lied to you and used you, and that isn't your fault"

Meiluna nodded subtly, still remaining silent.

"I could never hate you for that Luna, we'll never leave you"