VII.

꧁ chapter seven ꧂the prophecy

chapter seven
the prophecy

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

MEILUNA LAY WITH her head resting against Katara's shoulder, who was busy studying her waterbending scrolls while Sokka sharpened his machete.

"Hey, you taking us down for a reason?" Sokka asked Aang, who seemed to pay him no mind,

"Aang! Why are we going down?"

"What? I didn't even notice" Aang said, seeming disoriented.

"Are you noticing now?" Sokka asked while Meiluna sat up, feeling them continue to descend.

"Is something wrong?" Katara questioned as she moved to sit bedside Aang.

"I know this is going to sound weird, but I think the swamp is calling to me" Aang said, still in a dazed state.

"Is this an Avatar thing or a you're going crazy thing?" Meiluna asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's definitely crazy," Sokka whispered to her quietly before turning to Aang,

"Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?"

"I think it wants us to land there" Aang replied.

"No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on" Sokka pointed out.

"I don't know. Bumi said that to learn earthbending, I would have to wait and listen, and now I'm actually hearing the Earth. Do you want me to ignore it?" Aang asked.

Sokka, Katara and Momo peered down from Appa's saddle down at the swamp.

Meiluna didn't even have to look to know that she wouldn't be caught dead in a disgusting swamp.

Sokka and Meiluna replied at the same time,

"Yes"

"Pretty much"

"I don't know," Katara looked down apprehensively, "There's something ominous about that place"

Momo moved to hide inside Appa's saddle as the bison groaned.

"See, even Appa and Momo don't like it here" Sokka pointed out.

"Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this," Aang looked down at the swamp, "Bye swamp"

He bid farewell before shaking Appa's reins,

"Yip yip!"

Appa groaned yet again before flying upward, away from the swamp.

Meiluna turned around to face behind the group as she heard a noise. Her eyes widened at the sight of a tornado hurtling towards them.

"Uh-" Meiluna started causing Sokka to turn to look at what she was staring at.