XXV.

꧁ chapter twenty-five ꧂prison break

chapter twenty-five
prison break

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"SOKKA, ARE YOU okay?" Meiluna looked at the boy with concern.

It was barely noticeable but she knew there was something bothering him.

"Hm," Sokka looked up at the girl, "I'm fine"

Meiluna took a seat beside him,
"No, you're not"

Sokka sighed as he rested his chin in his hands.

"You can tell me anything," Meiluna smiled,
"You're my best friend"

Sokka let out a small laugh,
"Don't let Katara hear that"

Meiluna rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious Sokka, you really helped me with Yue," She spoke softly, "I want to help you too"

"It's my dad," Sokka explained, "I need to find him"

Meiluna listened to him carefully as she recalled how he was captured by the Fire Nation.

"Zuko might know where he is" Sokka continued.

Meiluna stood up with her hands on her hips.

"Well, there's only one way to find out," She looked to Sokka, pointing over to where the rest of the group sat, "Let's go"

"What?" Sokka stood up, looking at Meiluna as if she were crazy, "You want to just go up to him and ask?"

"Yes" She answered plainly.

"Hard to argue with that, come on"

Sokka and Meiluna walked together to the campfire where Zuko served everyone tea.

Meiluna grabbed a cup for herself, extending it out for Zuko to pour her a drink.

"No one can make tea like my Uncle," Zuko spoke fondly, "But hopefully I learned a thing or two. Would you like to hear Uncle's favourite tea joke?"

"Sure" Katara answered.

"I like jokes" Aang said happily as Toph also spoke,

"Bring it"

"Okay, well I can't remember how it starts but the punch line is leaf me alone, I'm bushed"

Zuko looked around for a moment,

"Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it"

"Right, maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing" Katara rolled her eyes as everyone laughed.

Toph accepted her tea from Zuko before speaking,

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little, it hardly ever happens "