XXVIII.

꧁ chapter twenty-eight ꧂every story needs a beach episode

chapter twenty-eight
every story needs a beach episode

˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚

"MORE FEROCIOUS! IMAGINE striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko encouraged as he watched over Aang's firebending practice.

"I'm trying" Aang turned to Zuko, growing annoyed.

"Now let me hear you roar like a tigerdillo!"

Aang let out a light roar as small fire bursts came out of his hands and his mouth.

"That sounded pathetic! I said roar!"

Aang roared louder than his previous attempt as three full bursts of fire came out of his hands and mouth to which Zuko nodded approvingly.

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asked with a smile as she held up two watermelons.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me, me!" Aang jumped around excitedly, moving to run towards Katara.

Zuko quickly grabbed Aang by his shirt,
"Hey! Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki asked as she lounged on the wooden stairs next to Sokka.

"Yeah, Katara makes really good watermelon juice!" Meiluna complimented before grabbing one of the watermelons from her.

She sipped the drink through the straw, loving the sweet taste that filled her mouth.

"Fine! If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day then go ahead!" Zuko yelled in frustration.

Meiluna looked over to him, holding the watermelon up to his face,
"Are you sure you don't even want to try some?"

Zuko paused. He looked between Meiluna's innocent smile and the drink in her hands before leaning forward slightly, his arms still crossed defensively whilst taking a small sip as Meiluna held it up for him.

It tasted good. It was cold and refreshing. But just as the taste slowly faded, so did his temporary calmness. He then noticed everyone staring at him strangely when he turned away quickly to storm off.

Meiluna frowned, watching Zuko's increasing frustration get the better of him while she brought the straw back to her own lips.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house had made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change all that," Sokka stood up slowly before taking off his robe to reveal his bathing suit,

"Beach party!"

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━