XV.

꧁ chapter fifteen ꧂lake laogai

chapter fifteen
lake laogai

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"WE FOUND A printer to make our posters!" Katara announced cheerfully, entering the house.

"I think Sokka's got it handled" Meiluna bit back a laugh, watching him draw.

"I've been working all day on my Appa!" He said as he showed his crudely drawn picture with a proud smile.

Katara tried her best to hold back her laughter.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head" Aang pointed out.

"This is his head" Sokka replied, looking dismayed.

Katara took the drawing out of his hand,

"Why are feet coming out of it?"

Sokka snatched the drawing back indignantly,

"Those are his horns," He rubbed his head sadly, "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?"

"It looks just like him to me!" Toph mocked.

"Thank you, I worked really-" Sokka paused, realising his mistake, "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

"Let's just stick with the professional version" Katara laughed.

Sokka angrily tore up his drawing while Meiluna patted him on the head,

"I liked the drawing!"

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?" Aang asked eagerly.

"It's only been a day" Katara replied, "Just be patient"

Aang's face fell slightly as Meiluna tried to assure him,

"We'll find him, Aang"

Just as he smiled at her, they heard a knock at the door.

"Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off!"
Aang jumped up and ran to open the door,

"Joo Dee?"

"Hello, Aang, and Katara, and Sokka, and Meiluna, and Toph" The original Joo Dee greeted as she entered their home.

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka questioned.

"What? Jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage" Joo Dee recited.

"But you disappeared at the Earth King's party" Toph reminded.

"Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing"