XVI.

꧁ chapter sixteen ꧂the betrayal

chapter sixteen
the betrayal

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"LOOKS LIKE LONG Feng is long gone! Ha! Ah yeah, I've been waiting to use that one" Sokka laughed at his own joke while Meiluna giggled at the look Katara gave him.

"I want to thank you, young heroes, for opening my eyes. All this time, what I thought was a great metropolis was merely a city of fools. And that makes me the king fool," The Earth King spoke full of shame, "We're at war. With the Fire Nation"

"That's why we came to Ba Sing Se, your highness" Meiluna said politely.

"We think you can help us end the war" Sokka continued.

"We don't have much time. There's a comet coming this summer. It's energy will give the firebenders unbelievable strength. They'll be unstoppable" Aang explained.

"But there is hope. Before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity. A solar eclipse is coming. The sun will be completely blocked out by the moon, and the firebenders will be helpless" Sokka continued.

"What are you suggesting Sokka?" King Kuei asked.

"That's the day we need to invade the Fire Nation," Sokka answered, "The Day of the Black Sun"

"I don't know," The king spoke, sounding unsure, "That would require moving troops out of Ba Sing Se. We'd be completely vulnerable"

"You're already vulnerable. The Fire Nation won't stop until Ba Sing Se falls. You can either wait for that to happen, or take the offensive and give yourself a fighting chance" Sokka pushed.

The King spent a moment to ponder what Sokka had said before replying,

"Very well, you have my support"

"Your majesty," A man walked up bowing to the king, "I apologise for the interruption"

"This is General How," The king introduced,
"He's the leader of the Council of Five, my highest ranking generals"

"We searched Long Feng's office. I think we found something that will interest everybody" The general spoke addressing the team.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"There are secret files on everyone in Ba Sing Se. Including you kids" The General explained.

"Secret files?" Aang repeated.

"Toph Beifong" The General read as he handed to scroll to Toph, who immediately handed it to Katara.

"It's a letter from your mom. Your mom's here in the city. And she wants to see you" Katara said, skimming over the letter.

Toph's eyes widened in shock,