I.

꧁ chapter one ꧂the avatar

chapter one
the avatar

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"I'M NOT ONE to complain but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka complained.

"I have an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you could fly us to the North Pole!" Aang sat up, pointing at Sokka angrily.

"I'd love to," Sokka quipped sarcastically, "Climb on everyone, Sokka's ready for take off" He continued, gesturing to his back.

Momo chirped before jumping onto Sokka's back.

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight" Katara cut in, trying to calm the boys down.

"And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe," Sokka replied, looking around at the vast ocean that surrounded them, "There's nothing here"

A splashing sound suddenly made Katara and Aang sit up from their lazed positions, searching for the source of the noise.

Aang let out a yell and violently yanked Appa's reins to the side as the water in front of them shot up and turned into ice. The sudden force tilted Appa sideways while Katara and Sokka let out screams of fear.

Appa abruptly knocked straight into an ice spike sending everyone tumbling straight into the water, which instantly froze around them, effectively trapping them.

Katara looked up in shock as she saw multiple Water Tribe boats approach them,

"They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!"

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"There it is!" Aang pointed excitedly at the wall of the Northern Water Tribe city.

"The Northern Water Tribe" Katara spoke in awe, unable to take her eyes away from the sight.

"We're finally here" Sokka said, looking up in relief.

A tunnel opened through the wall, allowing them to enter the city.

"I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!" Katara spoke, fascinated by the canal workers' bending.

Aang turned to Katara,
"We'll find a master to teach us, no problem"

As the trio passed through the channels of the city, Sokka turned to notice a beautiful girl travelling on a boat beside a slightly younger one, and blushed at the sight of her.

"This place is beautiful" Katara said, amazed by the scenery.

Sokka swooned,

"Yeah, she is"