XX.

꧁ chapter twenty ꧂scary stories

chapter twenty
scary stories

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"SUDDENLY, THEY HEARD something down the hall in the dark," Sokka told eerily while Meiluna sat with her knees up to her chest, hiding her face, "It came up into the torchlight," Sokka paused for dramatic effect,

"And they knew the blade of Wing Fung was haunted"

Meiluna let out a small gasp covering her mouth with her hand.

"I think I like the man with a sword for a hand better" Aang spoke, unimpressed with the story.

"Water Tribe slumber parties must stink" Toph added.

"Well, Luna thought it was scary!" Sokka pointed to the princess.

"This is so exciting," She clapped her hands together, "I've never been to a slumber party before!"

"Wait! I've got one! And this is a true Southern Water Tribe story" Katara sat up.

"Is it one of those 'a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to' stories?" Sokka rolled his eyes as he took a seat beside a trembling Meiluna.

"No, it happened to mom" Katara answered solemnly.

Meiluna felt even more scared than she already was as she scooted closer to Sokka.

"One winter when mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, mom noticed she hadn't seen her friend, Nini, since the storm. So mom and some others went to check in on Nini's family. When they got there no one was home. Just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went out to search, mom stayed in the house. When she was alone, she heard a voice," Katara then spoke in a sinister voice,

"It's so cold I can't get warm!"

She paused for a moment,

"Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire. She was blue like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but when everyone came back, Nini was gone"

Meiluna felt a shiver run down her spine.

"Where'd she go?" Sokka asked nervously.

"No one knows, Nini's house stands empty to this day, but sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm"

"Wait! Guys, did you hear that?" Toph asked placing her hands on the ground, "I hear people under the mountain. And they're screaming"

Meiluna felt frozen to her spot.

Maybe she was lucky she didn't get to go to any slumber parties, this seemed like too much for her.

"Nice try, Toph" Sokka scoffed.