XXII.

꧁ chapter twenty-two ꧂the day of the black sun

chapter twenty-two
the day of the black sun

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"TOP OF THE morning, Momo!" Aang greeted cheerfully.

"Sounds like you slept well" Katara smiled at him.

"Like a baby moose lion," Aang nodded before assuming a fighting stance, "I'm ready to face the Fire Lord"

"So, what's your strategy to take him down?" Toph asked as she raised her hands to her eyes, wiggling her fingers to tease him, "Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

Aang looked down at the ground sorrowfully at the mention of the Avatar State.

"I can't," He answered sadly, "When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe"

"You know what I just heard?" Toph asked sarcastically, "Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo, blah, blah, something about space"

Meiluna let out a small laugh before she noticed the increasing amount of thick fog that seemed to become visible near the horizon.

"Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" Katara asked nervously.

"No," Sokka stood up, examining the horizon closer, "That is the invasion!"

The five of them rushed to the shore where Toph and Aang used their earthbending to raise the rock from beneath the water to form a dock. Multiple Water Tribe ships came to port finally when Meiluna recognised a familiar face.

"You made it, Dad!" Katara ran up to hug Hakoda happily.

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked.

"I did," Hakoda replied, "But I'm a little worried Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type"

Meiluna followed his gaze to where he looked towards the two swamp dwellers.

"This place ain't nothing like a swamp," Due spoke enthusiastically before pointing accusingly to a rock in the water, "What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap?"

"It's just a rock, Due" Tho corrected him.

Due grinned while scratching his head in disbelief,
"Well, I'll be"