XIII.

꧁ chapter thirteen ꧂the city of ba sing se

chapter thirteen
the city of ba sing se

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"LOOK, THE INNER Wall!" Katara pointed excitedly out the window of the monorail, "I can't believe we made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece"

"Hey, don't jinx it! We can still be attacked by some giant exploding Fire Nation spoon. Or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp" Sokka replied skeptically.

"You're the one jinxing it now!" Meiluna shook her head.

"You been hitting the cactus juice again?" Toph asked jokingly.

"I'm just saying, weird stuff happens to us" Sokka shrugged when a man with a corn plant in his mouth, took a seat between him and Toph.

Sokka quickly scooted over, squishing Meiluna into the side of the seat.

"Don't worry Aang, we'll find Appa" Katara spoke sympathetically.

"It's such a big city" Aang replied doubtfully.

"He's a giant bison! Where could someone possibly hide him?" Sokka spoke optimistically as the monorail entered the city, revealing how truly vast Ba Sing Se was,

"Oh"

The train entered a station, opening the doors to allow the five to disembark.

"Back in the city," Toph sighed, "Great"

"What's the problem?" Sokka asked.

"Yeah, it looks amazing" Meiluna added as she admired the city.

"It's just a bunch of walls and rules. You wait, you'll get sick of it in a couple of days" Toph warned.

Meiluna looked up and noticed a dark haired women approaching them with a strange smile.

"Hello, my name is Joo Dee! I have been given the great honor of showing the Avatar around Ba Sing Se. And you must be Sokka, Katara, Princess Meiluna and Toph! Welcome to our wonderful city. Shall we get started?" Joo dee greeted excitedly.

"Yes. We have information about the Fire Nation army that we need to deliver to the Earth King immediately" Sokka spoke urgently.

"Great! Let's begin our tour. And then I'll show you to your new home here. I think you'll like it!" She responded, seemingly ignoring Sokka.

"Ugh," Sokka groaned in annoyance before walking closer to Joo Dee, "Maybe you missed what I said. We need to talk to the king about the war, it's important"

"You're in Ba Sing Se now. Everyone is safe here" Joo Dee replied, her smile unwavering.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━