IV.

꧁ chapter four ꧂the avatar state

chapter four
the avatar state

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"PRINCESS MEILUNA, I want you to have this," Pakku spoke as he held up a small vial, "This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties, don't lose it"

Meiluna kindly accepted the amulet and gave him a hug,

"Thank you, Master Pakku"

Meiluna was eternally grateful to Pakku. He had helped convince her father that she had to play her role in ending the hundred year war. Her father was still furious, though he tried not to show it. He didn't say goodbye. Even so, he also didn't make any effort to stop her from getting on the Avatar's bison.

Meiluna tried her best to understand where he was coming from. He had just lost his eldest daughter and now she was leaving him too. She knew that was why he was so upset by her actions. It didn't make her feel much better when he refused to acknowledge her after her decision was made. She just prayed to the Spirits that he would forgive her when she made it back home.

All she ever wanted was for him to be proud of her.

"Katara, Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending," Pakku smiled at Katara, "But they are no substitute for a real master"

Aang accepted the scrolls while looking up at the girl next to him lovingly.

"Sokka," Pakku patted him on the shoulder, "Take care, son"

Pakku turned to face the others,

"Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base, east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi" Pakku explained whilst pointing in the direction they needed to go.

"Appa, yip yip!" Aang said as Appa began to fly away.

"Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!" Katara yelled out.

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"There it is!" Sokka exclaimed, pointing towards the base as Appa descended to land where General Fong and his soldiers were stationed.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang! I am General Fong, and welcome, to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, the mighty Katara," General Fong welcomed as he turned to bow to Meiluna,