CHAPTER VIII

Hello y'all!! I hope everyone is doing fine!!

Firstly I'm very sorry for the delay! I was super busy the last few weeks.

And I kinda put myself in a tough spot with this chapter. It was really hard to write.

This chapter is more like a filler, I wanted to keep going with the history but I imagined this situation and I really wanted to write. I never writed a action scene before so I had to research a little. I tryed a few styles in this chapter, there is a lot of action and I hope I did ok.

Pls tell me how I did, if it was too much detail, or if got confusing.

I wanted to keep it short, but I end up writing over 4,5k words, Oops. 

PERCY

After father left my room, my head was a mess of thoughts, if he said that would be no problem for me to use a weapon of stygian iron, then I would try not to think too much about all the whys he told me about. But just knowing I had now a tool to help me control my increasing wrecking new abilities was relieving.

My ADHD chose that moment to start act it up, there were so many little details in my new room, that my eyes couldn't chose one to examine. I shook my head and went to the big ass window that I could overlook the gardens outside, made of corals and anemone, little forests of kelp, fishes swirling all around. The pathways marked by glowing pearls. Statues all around, wonder if they could be activated by Daedalus twenty-three command.

I walked back to the wardrobe and opened, inside there were a few pieces of clothes that I would probably have in my room back at my mom's apartment, some jeans and t-shirts, but some clothes I would never wear, like ancient Greek garments like chitons, peplos, tunics and some cloaks. There were a full set of Greek Armor with a bronze breastplate, a black leather pauldron, bronze vambraces and greaves, a belt and a spartan war helmet. It was so good looking with the matching patterns and black designs that I had to try. Five minutes later I was fully armored. It was lighter than I though and had a good mobility, there were a mirror beside the wardrobe, so I went to check myself out, and dam I looked good. There was even a nice detail, the left vambrace were shorter than the right, and ended an inch further from my wrist, it meant I could wear my new watch/shield with the armor with no problem. The belt even had a pocket where I could keep riptide.

As I was checking my new badass armor when Tyson came back to my room, he was dressed with huge chiton and sandals, his hair usually more like a nest, was well combed, when he saw me wearing the armor his smile split his face.

"Percy!! Will you compete at the arena too?"

"I... what?"

"Let's go them, they already started" And just like that he turned around walked way to the door.

"Wait, no Tyson I was just trying it... wait!!"

But he already was halfway across the corridor. I hushed to the door frame and stopped at it. I hesitated before went for it, one step outside the room and I was underwater. The usual feelings that came with it, hushed through me, I willed the water to pushed me forward so to catch up with Tyson, he left through an archway that leaded to a small arena.

The training field was full with stands with weapons, in the center were a lot of... people? A mix of Mer-people, Cyclops and s, and others I couldn't identify.

Two were sparing while the others were around forming a circle, cheering and yelling.

My curiosity instantly picked up; I never had a chance to interact much with my father's people. Maybe this time I could talk with some of them.