CHAPTER IX

PERCY

The walk from the arena until my room was enough to time replenish my strength, and I felt my bruising go away.

When we arrive at my room, Tyson told me to take a bath while he picked me some clothes.

"Bath?" I asked

"Yes, over there" He pointed at a long folding screen at the other corner of the room, I walked to it, and behind there was a bench and a round wooden bath, already with warm water on it.

I felt sweaty after sparring earlier, though most of it was washed away a nice warm bath sounded very inviting right now. So, I quickly strapped out of my armor and jumped into the hot water.

I washed myself and relaxed for a few minutes, I was almost dozing off when Tyson called me.

I got out of, and walked to the bench, though I could will the water to get dry, I choose to use one of the towels that were rolled up at the bench and dry myself in the old fashion way.

After drying I strapped a towel around my waist and went meet Tyson.

"Huh... Ty? what are those?" I asked

"Your clothes, they sent specifically for the feast"

"Oh, I would rather go in my normal clothes, you know with jeans and a t-shirt."

"But you can't brother, dad had to convince lady Amphitrite to let you come, if you go against the dress code, you would disrespect her."

Shit, away from me to insult another goddess, worse, to insult one who already hate me for the simple reason of being born.

So, I guess a chiton it is.

Tyson left my room telling me to meet him at the end of the hallway.

I put the garment on, it was made of fine light blue silk with golden threads of Greek patterns at the hems. It fit me perfectly and was very comfortable, despite the fact I was going commando in a very lose piece of clothing. And the fact it wasn't very long, made me nervous.

After adjusting a little, I left my room to meet up Tyson

Tyson led me for a different way through the castle until we reached a huge pair of doors. In the other side there was the feast hall, and I have to tell you, it was big, nearly as big as the throne room at Olympus.

It was twice tall and wide as a cathedral, there were 6 long tables in parallel to the windows at the sides, there was two head tables at the end of the hall. The two head tables were perpendicular to the 6 tables and had two levels. The top level had a huge throne at the center.

The place was magnificent, the walls have glowing crystals and pearls providing the light, the ceiling had huge mosaic with images that I couldn't make from here. The tables were quickly being filled with all sorts of sea people.

I stretched my neck find the cyclops table with Jimmy, maybe I could sit with them, they seemed nice. I spotted them sitting upfront.

"Hey Tyson, look, Jimmy and the others are down there, let's see if we can sit with them."

"We can't brother, a least not til later."

"Why?" I had a sinking feeling in my stomach

"We have our places at the high table, we have to be there for the opening of the feast. After that we can go around and sit with other people."

Shit

"Look, you can go around through that corridor, I will talk with one forging master I wanted to talk to, just saw him there, I'll meet you later" He waved at me and enter the hall, quickly I lost him in the crowd.