CHAPTER XV

Hello everybody,

I am sorry for the late update, I have been procrastinating a lot to post this chapter, I was about to post it in the 28th of January, Nico's birthday, but the day just came and went and I didn't even noticed... haha

But I have been busy writing this fic, and I just finished yesterday chapter 23, and I am glad I have a good advantage so a can go back and change few things before posting, things that could interfere with new ideas in futures chapters.

Anyway, I will try not be so lazy and post a new chpt at the end of this month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 22nd

Nico

"Nico... c-can I kiss you?"

Those words...

The words I dreamt of, the words I thought I would never hear coming out of Percy's lips.

I responded before I even thought much about, this time though I didn't regret, unlike earlier when I blurted that embarrassing suggestion to Percy.

"Yeah"

Our lips met for the first time, it was short and chaste.

Percy's smell invaded my nostrils, he had just taken a bath, but the sea still remained in him, salty and warm, like a day in a beach.

I was startled by his hand cupping my face.

We separate slowly.

"N-Nico... I really like you"

Does he really?

"Perce..."

"I know what you told me that day, I know you don't like me-"

"I lied" I cut him

"W-what?"

"Perce, I never stopped liking you, I lied, and I guess I was lying at myself too, I was trying to convincing myself that I didn't like you anymore, it was my way to try to get over you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I lied"

"Nico... I really, really like you"

"Do you? really?"

"Of course... I can't get you out of my head"

"Perce..." Why was I being so reluctant?

"Nico... I really like you, and and you like me back... so would you, you know, want to be er... my boyfriend?"

...

It killed me inside to say it

"No"

"N-no?" He sat up looking at me surprised.

I sat up too, and got a hold of his hands, I couldn't let him flee, I had to explain to him...

"P-Percy, I would want nothing more than be by your side, to be y-your boyfriend, but you just had a broke up, you are looking for affection, contact, you are lonely... I don't want to be a rebound-"

"N-NO... Nico this is not-"

"Percy... If you realize you don't really like me... that would... I don't think I could get through that again..."

"Nico... I swear to you... I am not trying to replace anyone... I just want, I just want you... Have I ever broke a promise to you?"

His eyes went wide with realization, it hit us hard. Yes, yes you have. I didn't blame him anymore for that, but his very first promise to me, it was broken.