CHAPTER XIX

Sorryfor the long wait, life has been quite chaotic lately, but here it its

________________________________________________________________________________

July 3rd

Draco

I was sitting in a cold dungeon in the lowest level of the ministry. Earlier this morning, Aurors came to take me from my temporary cell in Azkaban for my trial. Hopefully, my temporary cell wouldn't become my permanent one. But the odds were heavily against me and hope, is all I have left now.

They took me to the ministry and placed me in a dungeon to wait for my trial. There I found my mother. I haven't seen her for what felt like forever, since the war was over. When the aurors took us from Hogwarts, we were separated. They placed us at Hogsmeade for over a week, as the forces of the ministry scourged the whole school looking for remaining death eaters that tried to hide in the vast castle after the death of the dark lord.

After the searches were over, they put us on transports to Azkaban, secure wagons made of steel, pulled by over six thestrals each, there was over five wagons, and I was put in the first.

I didn't see which one they put mother or father. And I didn't know if they had survived the attack.

During the travel to the magic prison there was a huge commotion. Someone attacked the escort. Outside, I could hear the aurors screaming orders to each other, the whinnying of the animals, straining to get away from the attackers, the sounds of spells flaying all over. I never felt more scared. Being stuck in a steel coffin thousands of feet in the air, the cage shaking, threatening to break apart at any moment.

And as suddenly as started, it was over. But when we finally made it to Azkaban and they transferred me to my cell, there was only four transports.

One of them was taken, and the aurors were furious. I begged them to tell me if even mother or father made it here safely but they refuse to tell me anything.

The days passed in a blur, I barely knew if it was day or night. Despite my cell having a tiny window, the incessant storm out there made it impossible to know. It was always dark outside.

Weeks or months I couldn't tell. It felt like forever, for moments I thought they had forgotten me in the filthy cell, wasn't for the regular meals being brought. Finally, a few days ago an agent of the ministry brought a letter with the date of my trial. She explained to me what were my charges, and who I was against. My chances were terrible.

When they took me and shoved me in the dungeon at level 10 of the ministry. I was face to face with my mother.

I never been more relieved, even under the circumstances. I rushed to her and pulled her into a tight hug. A behavior that I never had, that would be considered improper to our status. Such displays of affection even to a family, was discouraged. I realized that I hadn't hugged her like this since I was a little boy.

Surprisingly enough she embraced me back just as tightly, her once pristine hair was a mess. Her eyes were sunken with black rings under them. Just like mine. She probably couldn't sleep well either.

"Mum... are you ok??"

"Oh Draco, my beautiful boy, I missed you so much, I was so afraid you were taken..."

"I missed you too... what do you mean?"

We were interrupted when the steel door which led to the courtroom opened with a loud bang. We could hear the voices coming from the room. The Wizengamot was ready for us.