CHAPTER XXI

September 1st

Draco

Going back to Hogwarts one more time was giving me mixed feelings, at one side I felt excited to go back to the castle, which was once full of wonders, in the other hand, face the wizarding community, even if they were mostly children, made me want to throw up.

Either way, it was almost eleven o'clock and the Aurors who escorted me to Diagon Ally returned to take me to King's Cross Station. We apparated directly to the platform, it was mostly empty now, with all the students already onboard and just a handful of parents waving goodbye.

Just before leaving me the Aurors finally gave me my wand back. My old 10' Hawthorn had been stolen by Potter during the war, after the final battle, he gave it to the ministry.

Even after I returned home, mina and mother's wands were still confiscated, but upon my returning to Hogwarts, they said they would give back.

I asked for the Aurors if I could test it, since it belonged to someone else. And just like I thought it felt foreign in my hands, it resisted my use.

I just gave to the ministry back and told them I would buy a new one once I went to Diagonal Ally.

Yesterday, the first thing I did was to buy a new wand, the new one felt far better in my hold than the old one. Made of Elm with a dragon heartstring core, 12' ½ slightly springy. Too soon the Aurors confiscated, not that I would use much back home. Today, they finally return it to me.

I shoved the new wand in my pocket, and went to the old train, head low, trying not to caught anyone's attention.

Lucky for me no one paid me attention, with some effort I dragged my heavy trunk inside and went looking for an empty compartment.

The train seemed fuller than the usual, and I went straight to the back of the train where the Slytherins used to sit. And just as I though, most of them where there. The younger ones gave me a quick glance and looked away.

I was happy to see some of my old classmates, Daphne and her younger sister, Millicent and even the ugly mug of Pansy made me a little happy.

I saw Blaise who gave me a friendly nod but neither Theodore nor Gregory was around.

I sat down besides Blaise after greeting everybody, they seemed more or less content with my presence so I took my chance.

"I thought I would be the only one of our year to attend, what in Merlin's beard are all of you doing here?"

"Well, we all can agree that last year was terrible, my grades were the worse, and we didn't have the chance to take our NEWTs," said Daphne

"Ugh, you sound like Granger" Retorted Pansy "But true, my mother insisted I returned this year for my NEWTs as well."

"I didn't come last year since I knew it would be madness, I heard it was just as I thought, so here I am," said Blaise.

"So, what happened to the others? I've been pretty much cut out of the world since I am in house arrest" I asked

"Well, Gregory was sent to Azkaban for practicing the unforgivable curses in the younger students, and Theo was sent to Durmstrang with a similar sentence as yours."

"Didn't all of you practiced the curses though?"

"Well yes, but we were forced by the Carrows to do it, Goyle went out of his way and did every chance he got, even in the hallways and all. There were plenty of testimonies against him." Said Daphne defensively