CHAPTER XVII

August 25th

Nico

After a rater weird, one-sided conversation with Mrs. O'Leary, I returned to my cabin to finish packing up. I didn't have much stuff, but I made sure to get Piper's presents, since Percy seems to really like them.

I took a fresh shower to pass the time, and about a half hour later I was laying in my bed when Percy entered my cabin.

When I saw him, my heart skipped a beat. Every time, every fucking time I see him entering my cabin I would get millions of annoying butterflies in my stomach.

This time though he was blushing and fidgeting. Something was wrong.

"What's up Perce?"

"Er... nothing..."

"Come on, tell me"

He sighed

"Mom was embarrassing again, and she kind of made me... no, she asked me to er..."

"Just spill it"

"She told me, it would be a good idea to buy some... some condoms"

Oh shit, I could feel my face burn

"An-and you did?"

"I... yes I did"

"Oh, you so dumb..."

"I am sorry" he said forlornly

"It's not that I am against it, Perce..." and I really wasn't, I mean he is my boyfriend, and if he really wants to be serious, if he's really sure about our relationship, I wouldn't be against.

"Is just, I am supposed to have a fourth year of magical knowledge and I am pretty sure I know some spells that could be used instead." I told him

"Oh, now that you mentioned, I kind of know some either... I am so dumb, I could have saved some money, and the embarrassing... wait did you just said you're not against it, really?"

"Ye-yeah... look Perce, I really like you and I pretty sure I-I would want to d-do with you, once you are sure, of this, dating w-we could try... you know..." Why talking about this is so uncomfortable

"O-ok agreed"

"Sooo, should we get going?" I asked trying to change the subject

"Yeah, am ready. Let's go"

We picked our backpacks, with our supplies. Went to the big house to tell Chiron that we were leaving. I found a dark corner in the room and pulled Percy and myself into the shadows.

I focused in London and in no time, we exited the shadows.

We were in an alley in the downtown area of London.

"You're okay Neeks?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"You sure, it was a really long travel"

"I know, but Chiron was right, the magic helped a lot. I'm not nearly as tired I would be before."

"Ok, where are we, and why is the streets are so empty?" He said as we started walking

"The leaky cauldron is not far, and it's half past three, I think..."

"What?"

"Time zones Percy..."

"Oh yeah, I forgot, London is what, four hours ahead?"

"Five...Lets keep moving, I sense monsters..."

"Yeah, me too, but it's weird, isn't it? They're going further away, and not getting any close"

"I get that impression too." I say.