Let's Talk

Hello everyone, I haven't written for a while, but this project is always in the back of my mind and a definitely plan on finishing it.

This is not a chapter; I just want to disclose some information here that I maybe won't be adding into the history.

The first thing I want to talk about is the Dream.

I think is obvious that Draco's dream was about Percy and Nico.

But I hope it was clear that, it wasn't a dream of the past or the future but it happened all in the same time.

So, that moment was just after Percy's return from Atlantis, he had just officialized his service to Poseidon, and just as they had done it, Triton was called to the underworld.

Hecate was there discussing with Hades, and as Percy was now available for her quest, she immediately requested for him.

The deal was settled as he returned to camp, and as he arrived and relaxed to Nico, everything was already decided, only they didn't know yet.

In that exact moment, all the way over England Draco slept, and the fates decide to give him a peak into the figures that would be so important in his life that point forward.

But as his mind hovered and basked at the image of the two, even thou his mind couldn't properly understand so what he saw was merely what those two represented (and I sure could have worked something better for Percy's inner image ( ͡❛ - ͡❛)), They(Nico and Percy) noticed him, or noticed his mind's presence.

The thing is, it's unclear if they could have (canonically).

In the PJO series, Percy has several dreams. And specifically in Sea of Monsters, Titan's curse and Last Olympian is interesting because he is spying on Luke, and Cronos presence is there too.

Obviously as an Immortal and a Titan, he could sense Percy's mind, but Luke didn't. I personally think that Luke would never be able to, and Cronos was simply taunting him for his 'lack of awareness', just to make him fear and therefore hate Percy for it.

Which is actually what Cronos tells to Percy what he did in TLO.

But it was never clear if be able to sense someone's mind was possible or not for a demigod. Maybe it was, the books are always saying how demigod's senses made them extremely aware of their surroundings, and in that case, maybe Luke was lacking and just couldn't, which could have made Cronos pissed at him for it. It did serve to his plan in the end.

Anyway, I decided that Percy and Nico were able to sense it, maybe because they are more attuned to they powers, or maybe because they are children of the elder gods. Which make them stronger than the regular demigod. Remember, Annabeth didn't sense Draco's mind and he literally waved at her face.

What are your thoughts about this?

Now, the second thing I want to clarify is my choice of Percy's house.

I already said in the last chapter's comments that I wanted to make a different history. Most all the crossovers make Percy either Gryffindor to stay nearby Harry, or Hufflepuff for obvious reasons.

And yes, I am personally a Slytherin and wanted a history with Percy as one, but there is a bigger reason for me not to make him as a Hufflepuff, specifically.

People tend to forget that, Loyalty is Percy's fatal flaw, as in FATAL.

Percy himself most of the series doesn't seem to think it's a bad thing, for him to choose to 'burn the world if meant to save someone he cared about'

But past the great prophecy of his sixteenth. His fatal flaw came back to bite him in the ass as he couldn't let go of Annabeth, and chose to fall to the literally worst place in the world for her.

There was no sense of self-preservation, and again, he was again part of a great prophecy and he jeopardized it by choosing to fall with her.

Now, Hufflepuff is a great house, but their most prominent trait is loyalty. Which is Percy's most toxic and dangerous one.

How good for him would be to be put in a house that saw that as a good thing?

Don't get me wrong, I not saying Loyalty is a bad thing, but in Percy's case, it makes him completely irrational and reckless.

The houses are meant not only to separate students by those traits but to help them refined those traits.

And the worst place to Percy would be in a house that would made him develop even more his fatal flaw.

So, considering this, only Gryffindor and Slytherin were left for me to chose were to put Percy, and the choice was obvious.

And for me, Percy is one of the most Cunning characters in the whole series, and he has no lack of resourcefulness, determination and even a bit of Pride either, which are the main traits of a Slytherin.

That's is the main reason why I decided this path for this fic.

I am not sure if I ever will write all this information in a chapter, I have planned a lot ahead, and there is no place to fit this. And a lot is already written.

I did leave a mention in the last chapter, where says that 'he looks like is having a conversation whit the hat' which I planned in as the hat is explaining to Percy all I just said. But I don't think I will come back to this point inside the history so I wanted to leave it here.

Anyway guys, if you read all the way here thank you very much!

I really wanted to rant away all this info 😊

And like I said a lot is already written, I will be editing and hopefully next chapter will be out next week.

Promise.

And I will try not disappear when Hogwarts Legacy releases, cause I already bough the pre order and probably will spent thousands of hours playing. Sorry not sorry!