jail

Rory

I'm still on Kingsley's lap when I wake up and he's staring at me.

"What?" I whisper.

"Well we are a 'couple.' He whispers back as he kisses me on the head as he gives me a pearly smile. "So, how was your sleep?" He says and I can tell he's trying to pass the time.

"Actually it was good, the best sleep I've got in a while." I say as start to feel a little cold again.

"Here." He says as he hands me his hoodie, even though I've already got one.

"Won't you be cold?" I ask.

"I lived in Alaska for years, I wear hoodies fur fun." He says as he helps me put it on.

"It's a bit big." I say as it's massive on me.

"Yeah, this muscle cannot be contained by the restraints of small clothes." He says as he pats me back down on his lap.

"That's not what I meant." I said.

"I know, I'm winding you up." He says as he pulls the blanket over me and him.

"I like your tattoos." I say.

"Oh yeah? You liked them before as well." He says as I remember what he's talking about.

"That wasn't a dream?" I ask.

"No. It wasn't and I'm sorry I left you like that. The babies were crying." He says as I nod.

"I understand." I say. "I've got a question and you don't have to answer and I'm really sorry if I upset you when I ask it."

"Sure." He says.

"Who's Lucille?" I ask warily.

"So you remember?" He says as he smiles.

I nod.

"Lucille is my older sister. She passed away when me and Mars were 4." He tears up a little and I sit up and hold his face in my hands as I wipe his tears.

"It was during the ATB, wasn't it?" I say and he nods.

"Yeah." He says as he sobs and I hug him.

"I understand. I really do. We lost someone too. Alisha. Our sister." I say and he looks at me and hugs me back, tightly. "Tell me about Lucille."

"She was 8 at the time but I remember it like it was yesterday. She and her friends were on the field as it was their turn to show their tricks and talents but then the alarm started blaring and before they could stop what they were doing and run, they were hit by the debris that was left by Attack Aircraft 29. We all watched as it came crashing down on top of them as the cowardly drunken pilot came out and shot himself after he saw what he'd done." He'd seen the same things that I'd seen.

"What a not so fun coincidence." I say as he realises what I mean.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." He says.

"I'm sorry too. You lost a lifeline. I see why you're so protective of Noah, she is your pride and joy but those stunts you used to pull were appalling." I say and he laughs.

"You're right, some of the things I did was not fair to anyone, not to Akira or to Noah but you must know that he wasn't perfect at first." He says, trying to sheepishly defend himself.

"Of course I knew, Noah was telling me everything." I say as I lie back down.

"She really loves you." He says as he smiles softly.

"She really loves you too, she always talks about how proud she if of you to me." I say and his smile gets wider.

"I'm so proud of her too." He says and we just lay there for a while.