the worst father

Rory

We all sat there in complete silence.  It wasn't an awkward silence, it was almost comforting. I just sat there staring at the mahogany table, the knots stared back at me and I smiled to myself, they reminded me of Asha's chocolate eyes.

I looked around at the people in the room, all these people made me smile but they all had their own children. They weren't the people that were supposed to come and talk to me after a hard day at school and considering the fact that everyone lives in England apart from Logan, Hunter and Jackson made it harder.

I wished my dad was here.

He didn't care.

He never would.

There was a loud bang that shook me out of my skin, I looked around again to see that everyone was visibly spooked.

I grabbed the nearest weapon and walked out the door.

Everyone hissed at me not to but no one else was brave enough to go out there, I knew that it was probably someone who had come to visit, the loud bang being the front door banging against the wall next to it because of impact but who could it possibly be.

I heard boots running against the floor and I visibly relax.

I walk out to see my cousins Nathan and Jackson.

"Oh my gosh, Rory we came as soon as we could. Have you started yet?" Nathan said.

"No calm down, some... stuff came up. We will explain. You guys are in the same troop?" I sign starting in disbelief at their identical uniforms.

"Yeah we are monster." Jackson making me laugh in delight? "He'll be back in the English barracks soon though, he was just here on a special task."

Nathan nodded confirming his words.

I motioned with my hands for them to follow me and I try to walk back to the drawing room but before I can their arms seize me and they place me on their shoulders which was surprisingly comfortable. Maybe it was because they were basically the same height.

I point in the direction they need to go and we open the double doors of the drawing room and I make sure to duck so I don't hit my head, sometimes being tall isn't all it.

Everyone looks at me in disbelief.

There's squeaking and I can hear people rise to their feet.

"You went out with a balaclava and you came back with two boys holding a balaclava. And you." Samuel says making me laugh.

I jump down and almost immediately Tammy, Maya, Sammy and Kenzie attack Nathan while Logan and Hunter attack Jackson.

It's a happy sight but the hurt in my chest for my dad goes even deeper.

We all sit down again when someone's phone goes off.

Uncle Samuel pulls out his phone.
"Guys it's Alexander. He wants us to be on FaceTime with him for the meeting." He said, my ears perk up at the sound of my dads name.

We pull down the projector and call my dad while we connect the phone to it. Uncle Samuel's home screen is on the projector and we all go awww at the baby photos of all his children, they're all so cute.

I look at Leah to see her face in a beautiful smile and I look at the rest of them, to see their faces also happy.

'I bet my dad doesn't have pictures of us on his phone like Uncle Samuel does.' I frown.

"Hello?"

My dads voice blast through the speakers and my ears scream. I will not freak out and I see Logan doing the same thing.