dinner

Rory

Today was the dinner with Jenna's family, Nox's family, and Kai's family.

Alanna was not with Kai but invited him and his family as a token of her appreciation for helping her and maybe to discuss that kiss.

My family said to dress formally. Like very formally. I had made my way to the Zoie house and made my way to my closet in there. My formal dress wear closet had a whole room dedicated to it.

I liked formal wear when it was involved in business, not some dingy dinner that would remind me of my loneliness and how I was tremendously ill, only mentally of course. I could never let myself get physically ill.

My closet room in the Zoie house happens to be right next to, Kingsley's one closet. Nox made it clear to Kingsley that we lived next to him. Well we weren't exactly close to each other considering the distance between the house family lived in next to his. Nox took his ill words and judgemental nature seriously. He should pay, she said. I agreed hastily.

I made sure he couldn't see me from his room and got my outfit. Choosing an outfit represented my mood. Today, according to Arka, I looked angry. So black it was.

I chose a beautiful floor length gown with long sleeves and a slit. I chose six inch stilettos with no platform to go with it.

(imagine whatever you like but this is what i envisioned her wearing, hopefully you don't  find it ugly ☺️)

(imagine whatever you like but this is what i envisioned her wearing, hopefully you don't find it ugly ☺️)

NEXT TWO PARAGRAPHS DISCUSS SENSITIVE TOPICS!

I took off my clothes and looked at my arms. It had been a long time since I had been cut. It had been a while since I got the tattoo sleeve on my right arm to cover some of my scars up.

How someone didn't notice I was fucking anorexic blew my mind. Just moments ago I said I would never let myself get physically ill but I did. But my lack of emotion numbed the pain. Numbed the need for food. Numbed the need for anything but the things I loved.

I wanted to cry but my emotions had been so closed down that I couldn't. I would've loved to cry.

I put on the outfit and the heels just as I got a message from Alanna.

Alanna: They're leaving in 10, you need to get back to the house before Kingsley sees you.
Aurora: I know a way don't worry. :)
Alanna: Glad to see an improvement in your texting skills. It amazes how you're so lazy to texting and texting alone.
Aurora: No time to text now though. I gotta come.

I switch my phone off and slide it into my bra before I slip off my heels and run downstairs. I put on some flats that lay by the door before I run to one of the cars outside the Zoie house.

I see the Tesla Model X and jump in. I drive around the road connecting the houses and go straight to the Zion house, the one my family live in.

I go to the garage and park the car before putting on my heels and going through the garage door and up the back staircase to my room.