he returns

Rory

The elevator dinged as I stepped out of it, finally back in my home again as I walked into our coat area. I saw that Kingsley's space was still filled from the time we were on exchange which I had quit the first day.

I avoided him after that, not seeing him at all apart from on the cameras. I could see him looking for me sometimes and it scared me about what he would do so I would hide every single time.

He would walk into the room and I would be under my desk watching him or in my closet. It was a walk in so it wasn't easy to find me in there.

One time he even went as far as looking for me and nearly saw me if he'd look further up. I was on my ceiling on a ledge and when he swung his head up in frustration, he nearly caught a glimpse of me but i looked like every single piece of art there and he didn't look up far enough.

I went out of my room before getting to my room and unpacking my bag.

I hadn't been here in a while and it was good to finally be in the place that I really considered mine.

I noticed how the room had the smell of a male and sighed softly when I realised that it was the smell of Kingsley.

I looked around to see if there was anything out of place and there it was, and where he was to be frank, under my desk where I had hid from him once or twice.

I laughed silently as I realised he himself hadn't realised that there was a screen that portrayed as if there was nothing underneath the desk so that messed weren't shown, nor did he realise that the desk was made to suit me and not him.

I threw a water bottle at him and he jumped in shock, hitting his head on the desk as he fell onto his back.

"Why would you do that?!" He said, as he rubbed his head.

"Why were you in my room?" I signed before realising he didn't sign.

I reached over to get a piece of paper when he stopped to put a hand up.

"I'm learning, could you do it again please?" He said as I looked on in disbelief before easing my hands again.

"W-h-y w-e-r-e y-o-u i-n m-y r-o-o-m?" I signed after he had brought out two pieces of paper and a pen.

He muttered to himself for a bit, confused a little as I leaned off the edge of my bed to see what he was doing.

He had all the right signs but couldn't figure out what I was trying to say.

I pointed to the words as he linked the sentence together before reading it, his cheeks going slightly red.

"Truth be told, I wanted to see how you managed to hide in this room, there are so many places to hide but they're not really my size." I nod at this revelation knowing that not many things were made for 6'4" guys.

I was about to respond when a voice shouts out for me.

"Rory, Kingsley?" GAS said as she knocks before waiting for us to say yes, walking in after Kingsley responds. "Hi Rory, I hear you've not been too well, so I've made it as easy as possible for you. I'll see you guys on Sunday." She says as she walks out, waving.

We sat there in silence for a bit as I truly got to reflect on the fact that he was being too nice to me.

"Okay now I can stop pretending I care." He says before getting up and leaving the room, leaving me reflecting in a pit of self-pity.