the hospital and partners

Rory

I walk down the hospital corridor pacing as I lose my mind over it. Why did I have to punch Kingsley? Why did I have to come to the hospital. I hated hospitals. Especially this one. This one was none other than the one Asha and Archa got kidnapped in and the one I got chased around by fucking murderers. I was fucking 6. I thought my mom got killed, I lost my faith within places like these. Surely a hospital should've had some sort of functioning CCTV system. Clearly not.

I'd already paid the bill ready to get the fuck out of here.

I couldn't help but pace, my anxiety hitting an all time high. Where the fuck was he? I walked to his room and knocked before entering. The room was empty. I walked in further when the lights switched off. A startled gasp left my eyes. I backed away, startled I think, definitely confused.

My mind assumed the worse.

I was being kidnapped.

But nothing was prepared for what hit.

The lights switched back on and there stood Kingsley. A look on his face that I couldn't quite pick out.

"So I have a couple things to ask you." He said, his tone condescending.

"G-great, I-I'm not a-answering t-them." I deadpan. It's quiet but he hears me.

"I'm being serious here Aurora." He says.

"P-please c-can I-I go? I-I do not l-like it here." My eyes darting around the hospital room. My voice going even lower.

"NO! NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME?" He said, screaming.

I cover my ears and shut my eyes, fear overwhelming me and my features.

I breathe in and out trying to calm myself down. I try and I struggle but eventually get there and open my eyes again.

Tears roll out of my eyes and I feel my contact come out. Shit. The other one peels off and I cover my eyes. He can't see this. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"What are you doing? Why are you breathing like that?" He says, his footsteps getting closer.

My head shoots up and my eyes meet his green ones before I say "d-do not-t t-touch me p-please." I sit on the floor and curl forward trying to calm myself once again.

Thankfully he didn't notice but it didn't stop the panicking train of thoughts that came.

Could've gone a couple more months without anyone seeing or knowing Aurora but no.

You could've fucked off and left this shitty place and been on your way to NYU to study business and psychology but no. Life had different plans for you. You had to have been born with a fucked up head, born as one of 13, born into a rich family, born into one of the most influential families in the world, born to be part of the secret service, born to lose the people you loved the most, born to be taken advantage of, born to be a loser. Yet you couldn't hide your stupid eyes behind the simplest of contacts, you struggle to hide your hair under this itchy wig.

I was a fuck up.

I needed to get out of this place.

I'm just lucky I got the contact back in.

My eyes were glazed over when I opened them and I stared off.

I knew that he was watching me but I didn't care, I let him stare.

It was the last time he would see me for a long time because tomorrow was going to be my day day in this fucking hellhole.

I was out of this city.