exposing the brethren... with love

Rory

I made my way downstairs to see everyone still here but in different clothes.

I couldn't even fathom how they managed that seeing as I was only gone for, I looked at my apple watch that I had put on a second ago and my eyes widen in shock. 2 hours.

Today was Friday after all. The could stay tomorrow as well.

I groaned in disbelief as I realised I had to be up and at school on a Saturday. I loved Saturday's but something told me, this wasn't going to be a good one.

I text a message to everyone.

Aurora: Let's sit down on the bean bags, all the dinner equipment is gone.
Leah: yeah bro let's do that
Sammy: you should let one fall on that plonkers head
Aurora: who are you referring to?
Mackenzie: I'm pretty sure he means the one with a big ego
Akira: who, Kingsley?
Sammy: yeah lol that's the one
Arka: he's Akira's girlfriends brother
Archa: that makes it even better.
Asha: gosh Archa you've really grown to be scandalous, I think I raised you pretty well
Archa: that you did :)
Levi: are you going to do it or not?
Aurora: calm your tits you knob. I have a plan, I just need a baby face
Archa: I'm perfect then
Aurora: indeed you are little bro, tell him to stand in the middle so you can take a photo of him.
Archa: sure!

Everybody watches as Archa fixes his hair and shakes his body out. This may be the last time he uses his baby face seeing as he is on the brink of puberty.

I watch as he grabs Kingsley by his hand and hauls him up.

The little man grew up out of the severity of his case of Aspergers. With enough love, the same thing could've happened to me or to Akira when we were younger.

He never talked but at first, he didn't speak for a whole year. Then he got with Drenae who inspired him but their relationship ended, on good terms. They simply did not like each other anymore. However he struggled through that but Noah very much inspired him to speak once again. Those daily phone calls were a calling to him. For 6 months we would see a smitten smile on Kira's face. The day he finally faced his fears and loved her fully and truly was the day Akira Montgomery was born again. I remember taking in her family. Kingsley wasn't there at the time. He had been at his old school for delinquents. To me, that made all the sense in the world and maybe it shouldn't have.

I guess it did happen to Akira.

I watch as he placed Kingsley in the middle of the dining room. The adults move away, knowing what would happen. They'd witnessed it enough times to know the curse of the beans.

I got on my phone and clicked the settings which would allow me to release them.

Done.

We watched in anticipation as the gears clicked above us. Everyone apart from Kingsley was in a safe spot.

Elliot got her phone out, ready to record the epic moment.

Trust me when I tell you, that it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever witnessed.

When 100 reasonably sized beanbags fell omg Kingsley and took him down, we all laughed, Noah was in hysterics.

"You... guys... pranked... him... better... than... I... ever... have..." she said through tears.

"You guys managed to annoy him without hurting him. I'd say that's a pretty successful prank." She said while smiling.

"I'll get him out." Levi said.

"You have a knack for being friends with dickheads, don't you?" Elliot said.

"Shut up Smelliot." Levi said, all in good nature.