Chapter 26

"Not so fast..."

Fuck. I bite the inside of my cheek and remain adamant on not looking at Loki.

"You can still hear me so there's no point in looking away," Loki points out; "unless," he says and brings his face closer to mine, "my close presence is making you nervous...hmm?"

'What the hell what the hell what the hell-'

"No," I reply blankly, hoping he wouldn't hear my pounding heart.

"Then why is your face red?"

I snap my head to him and puff my cheeks in frustration, "it isn't you liar! It's just very hot in this room!"

It really was.

'(Y/n) focus on the eyes and remain eye contact okay? Don't look down to-'

I couldn't help it. I glance at his smirking lips...his pink tinted lips.

I must be the weakest agent in this organization; how the hell am I so high ranked? Externally I may be pinned but internally, I was kicking myself.

"You amaze me love, do you know that? A minute ago you were yelling an apology at me and now you're looking at me just asking for a kiss," Loki says, furrowing his eyebrows as he speaks.

"Please," I scoff and turn away, "the only thing I'm asking for is for you to let me go...nobody wants your dumb kisses."

I make sure to mumble the last part as quietly as possible but from the tightening of his hands I could tell I wasn't quiet enough.

"Dumb? Do y-"

"Yes dumb and dry. Go buy some lip balm okay darling? Vaseline's Rosy Pink Lip Therapy would do wonders! Now can you let go of me ?" I snap back. Most of what I said were lies but I had to establish my dominance if I were to escape.

Loki's eyes widen but then close as he chuckles. He gets up off me and I immediately go to do the same. My body flops back down and I try again, the bed creaking as I attempt to get out but to no avail. How was I still stuck?

I try to crane my neck back to see what was holding me in place; my eyes fixate on the soft green glow that was at my wrists. I look back to Loki who was watching me with enthusiasm.

With a wave of his hand a hair tie appears in his hand.

"Wha-"

"You know..." Loki begins and places the hair tie between his teeth. His hands rake his hair up into a little bun and his head that was tilted down now looks to me. I could swear his eyes were glowing right now or something.

I gulp and watch his figure come closer to me. I squirm around and try to get rid of that dumb magic thing on my wrist.

"I can usually control myself perfectly ," He says, pushing my knees apart to hover closer above me. His hand grabs my chin to have my eyes forcefully meet his and I can't help but comply; "but, (y/n), that doesn't mean you can test my patience."

'Don't say anything to aggravate him even further okay (y/n)?'

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want," I grit, 'unintentionally' challenging him.

Loki lets out another chuckle and his thumb brushes over my lips, causing my body to shudder. As much as I hated to admit it, I could feel my body starting to cave in. My mind still refused to back down but my body disagreed.

His hand goes down to lightly grip my neck as his face lowers to now remain millimeters away from mine. My eyelids flutter close but I force them open, trying not to give into the temptations. But from the way Loki cockily swipes his tongue on the inside of his cheek, I could tell he noticed.

"Then get up and leave; here," Loki simply says. My wrists loosen from the magic leaving and Loki retracts his face from mine.

'GET UP!' I yell at myself. I could easily push him off and escape but I...I couldn't.

"What's wrong?" Loki whispers, his lips brushing against my ear.

I force my arms to bring my hands up to rest on his shoulders and— fortunately— succeed there. Now I just have to exert some force.

"Almost there..." he teases.

As if that wasn't enough, he brushes his lips on my neck causing my head to instinctively tilt back.

"Oh?" Loki says, noticing how I was giving in. His breath tickles my neck and I clench my teeth while he lets the tip of his nose brush up against my neck as he picks his head up.

When he does, I immediately shut my eyes. I couldn't look at him right now, for the fear of falling into another one of his traps. But that was no help.

My legs stiffen when I feel his hand grip my thigh and remain so, even when he moves up to press my lower abdomen. I could do nothing but clench my fists and tremble under him. I know if I told him to seriously stop he would; however, I couldn't bring myself to say that either...because a part of me didn't want him to.

"Apologize," he commands.

"N-"

Before I can finish, Loki grabs my hips to pull me closer to him. Whether it was intentional or not, his lower region grinds against mine and that was enough for me to cave in completely.

My vision goes in and out as I blink to figure out what the hell was the feeling going through my body.

"I- sorry," I pant out, not being able to breathe—nor think— in the air that was thick with lust...my lust.

Loki's lips twitch up and he places both hands next to me, letting me gather myself for a moment.

"A proper one."

"I'm sorry," I say, my gaze going to his eyes then his lips like a pendulum.

Loki gives me a cocky smirk and gets up; "Good. Consider this repayment for what you did on Sakaar, okay?"

My mouth hangs open and I stay frozen in place, this time due to shock. My scrambling thoughts race around even more as the combination of lust and confusion blur my mind. Slowly, I look to Loki to see if he was actually serious.

His hair falls to his shoulders as he pulls the hair tie out and tosses it onto the bed.

"Sleep tight...darling," he whispers and with a wink, walks off.

<><><><><><>
Bro I cannot write romance content for the life of meeee! (Was legit playing Chase Atlantic as I wrote to give inspiration)I'm sorry this whole chapter probably sounded dumb😭😭😭 but like...an on time update? We love improvement. WAIT OK NEW TOPIC- BUT APPARENTLY I REACHED 1K FOLLOWERS?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?! I legit was so close to crying like 1K of y'all decided to follow me 🥺 I can count my friends on my fingers so 1K is a l o t!!! BUT- THANK YOU SO SO SO SOOO MUCHHHH AHHHH! We should all celebrate....but how? I'd do a face reveal as an option but I'm super insecure and paranoid bout my privacy ("🎶and they always asking questions bout my face can't relate-🎶" ) And speaking of privacy idk if y'all noticed but I changed my username and all book covers. Like the whole acc has a new aesthetic and I'm in love w it. Each cover took me a good 20 min but it was worth it😤. ALSO TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ADD MY BOOKS TO THEIR CREATIVELY NAMED FOLDERS/LISTS: HAND IN MARRIAGE. The names are either so adorable or so funny like they make my dayyyyyyyy!😫🥰❤️!