Chapter 28

Spencer looks at Loki with narrow eyes and then glances at me.

I bring my hand up to rest on the side of my face in a way that Loki won't be able to see my mouth; "Loki, soulmate."

My hand falls to my cup and Spencer's eyes go back to normal, he got my message...or I hope he did. Hopefully he's read his share of Norse Mythology, seen enough of the news, and knew the basic mindset of a jealous narcissist.

"Who might this be?" Loki asks, appearing next to me.

"Dr. Spencer Reid. You must be (y/n)'s husband right? She was just talking about you," Spencer lies. I force down a cough from the word "husband" and look out the window.

"She referred to me as what?" Loki slowly asks. Since I was looking at the pedestrians of New York and not him, I couldn't exactly tell if Loki was pissed or confused; but it definitely had an effect.

"Uhm...husband. Loki Laufeyson right? Trickster God that's also known for his clever lies, schemes, and deceptions; son of Odin and Frigga...also the prince of Asgard," Spencer lists, almost fanboying. Thank god he's good at acting.

I hear a snap and look over to see Loki use his magic to conjure up a seat.

"Did she really call me her husband?" He asks Spencer, his eyes wide. I scoff and down the rest of my drink, shocked that Loki let all the praise go through one ear and out the other.

"If I lied wouldn't you be able to detect it?" Spencer points out. No because he's too caught up in the moment and you're a profiler who can fool just about anyone.

Loki clears his throat and leans back, giving a nod.

"So, Prince Loki, how are you enjoying Earth? Asgard must be huge and your lifestyle there probably can't compare to this one at all..."

Now straightening himself from the recognition, Loki turns his body to face Spencer; "of course it cannot. I am treated like royalty there; Earth, however, doesn't focus on me much since my brother takes all the spotlight."

"He does that on Asgard too," I point out. Loki shoots me a harsh glare and I shut my mouth, knowing he was trying his best to seem all mighty.

Spencer sucks in a breath and gives a slow nod, as if saying 'that's real tough bro.'

I shuffle in my seat and think about what I could say to have the two converse more. Loki making friends was something I should promote, not demote. "Did you know he was the original writer of Shakespeare's works?"

"What? Really?" Spencer quickly asks, leaning front. The proud small that had left Loki's face comes back up as they both start talking about the tragedies and sonnets. I do try to keep up but they're quoting too many lines and the Early Modern English style makes it even more confusing.

Instead I look back out the window and continue making up stories about the possible destinations of the people outside.

"Weird how we all have our own experiences and upbringings yet we see others as just passerbys'" I mumble to myself.

"Sonder," Spencer voices. I face him and raise my eyebrows, asking what he meant and surprised he heard me.

"That feeling is called 'sonder', it's a noun that's basically the realization that each passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own."

Loki gives a firm nod as if he was the one who gave the definition. I shake my head at him and turn to Spencer to ask where the word originated from but get cut off with a phone ringing, Spencer's phone to be exact. He picks it up and I switch my attention to Loki who was staring at me with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Sorry guys, guess this is where our meeting ends! My plane back to Quantico leaves in 20," he rambles as he stands up and throws his bag over his shoulder, and grabs his unfinished coffee.

He smiles at us and utters a quick goodbye, ready to leave.

"Wait one moment," Loki voices, grabbing my phone to hand it to Spencer; "your number."

"I totally forgot!" I gasp, jumping from my seat to put in the passcode; "I would've felt so bad if you left without it."

"No worries, you could've gotten it from the database at S.H.I.E.L.D; or I probably could've gotten my friend to hack into it to get yours," Spencer explains as he puts his number in. Hack into Shield? If she's that good then it's a miracle she's on our side not some mafia's.

"Once I get home I'll ask Tony and Bruce when they're free and set up a meeting, considering you're free then too. Your PhD's could really help him out with their projects."

"It'd be a dream come true. Thank you, once again; for the seat, letting me meet Prince Loki, the meeting with Mr. Stark and Dr. Banner...and for the diamond," he lists, whispering the last part. I swear he makes it seem like it's illegal or something.

"Anytime," I whisper back. He turns to Loki to say goodbye and shakes his hand but Loki doesn't let go.

"Here, as a parting gift," He tells Spencer and then turns to me, "wait one moment darling."

Before I can even nod, both of them are gone, leaving me to process their sudden exit. Voices hush and I turn my head to see everyone staring at where the two men used to be and at me, the only remains being just green little sparks from Loki's magic.

I rub the back of my neck, not knowing where to look now. "Sorry about that..."

With my now warm face, I turn towards the door and hastily walk out, embarrassed; "show off."

<><><><><><>
Believe or not I've had this written out for a week. Life just went 📉 so I got caught up in that. I'm kinda fixated on starting to post the other story now so keep a lookout babes 😫😭 this story tho....😮‍💨 kinda wanna discontinue it but I don't wanna give up bc y'all enjoy it 😭❤️. I also have such a massive headache rn 🤕 can't even think; but my solution is to put my mind in overdrive and work on my other fic and actual story. Speaking of which if I were to post an original story, would y'all read it? It's romance, enemies to lover (on the softer side) with betrayal and hanahaki disease sprinkled on top.
❤️❤️❤️