Chapter 18

"So...what's up everyone?"

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Steve grits and moves to approach us but Thor holds him back.

Seeing Natasha and Clint both get up from the sofa to head towards us as well I raise my hands to have soft wood twist around their legs and hands before it hardens. I switch my gaze to see someone that was ok with the both of us.

"(Y/n) are you out of your mind?!" Natasha asks. I ignore her and focus on Tony; let me at least enjoy my arrival a bit and then focus on the matter at hand.

"Welcome back!" Tony says with a grin and hugs me. I hug him back and sigh from relief. "Wassup Reindeer games? Finally got that purple panini out of your head?"

Loki slowly swipes his tongue inside his cheek, probably wondering what a panini was, "Uh....yes?"

"He's talking about Thanos," I rephrase in a non-Tony way. Loki's mouth forms an 'o' shape and he gives Tony a firm nod.

"Can you guys fucking explain what is going on?!" Clint harshly says. I sigh and turn to them, debating on if I should sugar coat my words or be blunt.

"Loki's good now!" Tony says and hits the back of Loki's shoulder; Loki stumbles but quickly regains his balance and gives everyone a small smile. Steve, on the other hand, attempts to break out of Thor's grip but fails.

"Good my ass. Last time we believed that, you died," Steve reminds me.

"Exactly! We aren't making the same fucking mistake twice," Natasha huffs.

"The minute I'm out of this, you're going to wish your dad left you in that frozen place," Clint threatens him. This time my mouth hangs open as a pang of shock hits my heart. How did he know that...and how could he say that? I swiftly turn to Loki who masks his saddened look with a weak smile directed towards me.

"Clint," I voice, not removing my eyes from Loki's, "apologize."

"Fuck no!" Clint growls. I clench my jaw and walk towards him, looking at him dead in the eyes.

"That was a bit harsh..." Tony trails.

"Oh shut up Stark! I thought we both cared for (y/n) but clearly it's only one of us," Steve shoots out. Tony walks over to his bar and sits down on one of the high chairs before popping an almond into his mouth.

"Mhm that's why you're in her restraints and I'm here..." he starts, pouring some whiskey into a glass, "drinking and eating."

"Clint is right," Natasha tells me. I face both Clint and Natasha, my ability to remain calm at it's peak.

"I swear on Coulson I will leave this realm and go to one your mind doesn't even know exists if you don't take back your fucking statement you asshole!" I mutter, my voice firm but my limitations wavering. How could he even say that?

"What did he say that was wrong? Loki has literally killed you (y/n), stop being delusional!" Natasha says, trying to persuade me. My lip quivers, I bring my hand up with a quick twist of it, a vine wraps around each of the three's mouths. After it does I let a part of it extend out and crawl over the floor to Loki.

"Loki we're leaving. Before we go, however, can you show them the truth? If you don't want to live through it again I can explain it," I tell him, my tone softer yet holding onto its firmness. Loki looks down at the vine and then to me.

Regret had it's fist around my heart. I knew it wouldn't be easy to convince them but I did hold a sliver of hope that they would choose to understand. I should've expected this, honestly...I was stupid to think they'd all nonchalantly agree with Loki's stay on Earth.