Chapter 4

I open my eyes with a gasp, bolting upright as I did.

The sky was bright, yet without a sun. I blink a bit till my eyes get used to it.

As any agent would, I quickly get up and look around me; making sure I was away from danger.

I was on a field of grass, there were some trees but only a few.

"You're awake," A female voice says. I jump a bit and turn around quickly. How'd she get there so quick.

She had long black hair and was dressed in green and black. Her eyes were green as well.

Just looking at her made me think of someone...I didn't know who. Come to think of it I couldn't remember much; just who I was.

"Where am I?" I ask her.

"Valhalla," she answers in monotone voice. Valhalla...I... I read that somewhere. Where was it?

I clutch my forehead from the migraines I was getting from thinking so hard. Why couldn't I remember anything?!

"Why can't I remember anything?" I question.

"You died a painful death (y/n); I chose to take away your memories, it is for the better," she explains.

"That isn't for you to decide," I tell her, sort of pissed at what she did.

"Are you sure?" She asks. I nod, how bad could it be.

She looks at me dead in the eyes and I stare back...that is until they hit.

I clutch my head and stifle a scream from the surge of memories and emotions I was getting at once. I drop to the ground and clutch the grass, groaning from pain.

"Take them back..." I plead, tears dripping as I did.

"I cannot do that now...you made a choice," she tells me. My body shakes as I bring a hand onto my mouth.

"The pain is gone now. You can live a happy life in paradise," she reassures. I laugh a bit, noticing her step back a bit. I sit up and look at her dead in the eyes.

"I'm just in a different version of hell," I tell her coldly. She gives me a look of pity and disappears in a cloud of green and black smoke.

I continue my dead stare for a bit, thinking about my living past.

I push myself off the ground and stand up.

"You happy?," I ask out to the sky, "ARE YOU? YOU FUCKING MADE ME DIE! I FUCKING LOST MY LIFE BECAUSE OF YOU! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?! HUH?!....ANSWER ME GOD DAMMIT!"

I stare at the sky, waiting for a response.

But it never comes....

*Timeskip*

"I see you're calmer now," The woman says. I don't bother to look at her or bother getting up.

"You're so lucky..." I say with my hoarse voice.

"How so?" She asks with a sigh, sitting down next to me. I take her wrist and show them to her.

"What do you see?" I ask. My throat screamed every time I spoke, but I enjoyed the pain; it distracted me from my suffering.

"Nothing," she answers.

"Exactly..." I voice and let go of her wrist. We both sit there for a while, silence the only thing heard.