Chapter 9

Screams...that's what I hear when my eyes open. They didn't open to my room, or Loki's room; but to an unknown place. I could see the night sky above me and some big rocks on the ground I awoke on.

"You will do as I say," A deep voice says threateningly. Another blood curdling scream. The person screaming was in deep pain, and their pain was somehow making me hurt as well.

I inch towards the voices till I was hidden yet could see them. There was a tall...built...purple...something, and in front of him someone that was chained. I could only see the chained knees of a guy and part of his arms.

"I beg...of you...." The guy breathes out. He sounded exhausted yet familiar?

I move around a bit to get a better view but trip over a rock.

"Fuck..." I mutter as I wait for the huge purple thing to notice, but he doesn't.

"Hello," I say a bit louder. Still nothing. I assume I was hidden?

I get off my knees and walk around, still sort of hidden just in case.

"As I say," The purple douche bag grits. I finally walk near enough to see the tortured man.

Loki....

Wha...what was he doing here? My heart breaks a bit to see him so...vulnerable. Why? Why was I feeling pitiful for him?

"I..I cannot do it," Loki breathes out, looking up at the monster. The monster lays a punch on him and grabs his throat.

"You can't but I can. I have," The bitch sneers. Loki raises his head to stare at him in confusion.

"I've been controlling your pathetic body for weeks! I give you a couple of them with her and you fall in love! Did you forget the master plan? Calling yourself a King when you aren't even a pawn," The Titan like being spits at him, "no matter now. I've killed her but everyone assumes it's you."

What....

I-it was him this whole time...?

I furrow my eyebrows in anger while my trembling lip resembles the pain my heart felt. I try to manifest my powers to spear through his heart but for some reason I couldn't. Loki glares at him and tries to lung at him but to no avail.

The chains around his arms begin to glow red and Loki begins his trail of screams. They were burning him.

My legs run to him and my hands come up to rip the chains of his wrists while my heart kept asking me:

Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you showing affection now?

I didn't know. I don't fucking know why I'm acting like this but I need to save him. I don't know if I died from the wound or survived but he tried to save me so I'll try to save him.

Yeah...a life for a life. That's what I was trying to help him? He helped me so I was returning the favor...

I claw at the chains but my hand simply passes through. But that doesn't stop me from continuing my failing attempts.

"So this is what's been going on?" A female voice says. The purple dick and I both turn to see Hela.

"Ah Hela. Do you like the souls I have been sending?" He asks her.

"Yes Thanos I have, but one of them was one I didn't want," She tells him. The dick as a name...

"Which one?" Thanos asks.

"(Y/n) (l/n) soulmate of Loki Laufeyson, my sister in law," she announces.

"The pathetic half mortal?" He says with a small grin. The small grin is wiped off when a black shard pierces through his body.