Chapter 17

"Where has Loki gone?" Thor asks, eyeing the empty seat in front of him. I place my drink down and lick my lips.

"Beats me..."

"I'll send someone to check," Grandmaster says and with a wave of a hand the woman in the tight bun walks out, "he must be tired from last night."

"Please," I sigh and take a bite of whatever this was. Food at Sakaar was weird...and I once accidentally ate an expired bag of chicken nuggets from Clint's freezer.

I was hungry and honestly didn't even want to bother asking what it was; the answer would probably bring my food back up.

"So when will you be leaving?" Grandmaster questions.

"We'll get ready after we eat and then we'll hopefully depart," I answer. Grandmaster nods and we continue eating our breakfast.

"Brought him," A voice says. I give a quick glance to see Loki walk in, his slightly pink face trying to remain neutral.

"Ah join us!" Grandmaster voices and taps the seat next to him. Loki does as told and a servant puts some food in front of him.

"Did you sleep well brother?" Thor asks Loki. I snicker but then quickly press my lips to stifle a laugh.

"My bad. I just remembered something dumb a friend had said," I lie, leaning my elbows in the table and resting my head on the back of my hand. I meet Loki's gaze and smile, "so Loki, did you sleep well?"

"Clearly. He was tied to the bed when I went in," The bun lady voices. Thor slams his glass down on the table and goes into a coughing fit while Grandmaster sends Loki a flirtatious smirk.

"Hey don't look at me. I was in your room last night," I tell Thor when he looks at me.

"The roles are usually switched," Thor mumbles. Loki perks up and sends Thor a dirty look while I raise my eyebrows and slowly nod.

"Are they now?"

"Are we going to ignore what she did to me?!" Loki speaks up.

"She's your soulmate darling, she has the right to," Grandmaster tells him. I snap my fingers and point to Grandmaster, thanking him.

"Either way. Even if I did sleep with you it probably won't be better than my night with Steve," I shoot out. Was I lying? Most probably yes.

"Yes, Steve is pretty big," Thor casually says. This time all our heads turn to him. How did he....

"What? I once walked in on him changing," Thor shrugs. Ok then...

"Ignoring that, let's not squabble like children," Grandmaster says, clapping his hands to catch our attention. He then turns to Loki, "Now, are you staying today or leaving? I need to know so I can plan my executions accordingly."

"Leaving," I answer, noticing how Loki's eyes shifted to my direction when I did, "but we'll try our best to visit...if you don't mind that is."

"Oh darling of course not! Come by anytime," Grandmaster replies with a wave of his hand. I nod and continue eating. I didn't want to come back here that much but if Loki likes it here...then I can't be selfish and say no.

*Timeskip*

"Should I have an illusion go in with you and watch from a safe distance?" Loki asks, as the Bifrost drops Thor, Loki, and I into a meeting room at the Stark tower. So we're at the lower levels then....

"No it's fine. Thor can handle Steve, I can handle Nat, and I'm pretty sure even you can handle Clint. Bruce is out doing field work in India and Tony is on our side so..." I explain. Thor gives a confident grin and pats his muscles.

"His arrow exploded on my face...."

"Clint is literally a middle aged man doing cardio that's just very good at archery," I tell him with a shrug. I turn and see the creases on his forehead, "are you scared?"

"Scared? Me? Never," Loki answers.

"Shall I go in first? I'll go stand next to Steve," Thor offers.

"Yeah that's a good idea," I reply and with a nod, Thor leaves. I sigh and bring up a soft smile to show that it'll be fine.

"If anything happens I'll just have something come out and hold them down," I say to reassure Loki. He nods and I look down at our hands to intertwine them, going on my tippy toes a bit to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

"Think of it like this. If someone was about to kill Thor would you risk your life for him to save him. Would you get angry at the person harming him?"

Loki licks his lips and studies my face, probably debating if he should answer seriously or make a light joke; "I suppose...."

"The others have only seen the controlled side of you—it's not even a side of you— they saw you but it was Thanos, they don't know that though," I begin and look down to think how I should get my point across, "They just all really care for me and don't want me to be hurt. You guys are all technically on the same side. We'll make them realize that it was just Thanos in control and that the real you is amazing...okay?"

I look up to him and smile, trying to hide the butterflies in my stomach from realizing the total scope of this meeting. I know I was trying to bring his anxiousness down, but mine was going up.

"Alright. Let us get this over with," Loki huffs and begins walking, my intertwined hand pulling me with him. I speed up and walk in pace with his steps. I look out the huge windows and smile at the sunlight swinging through. Man did I miss Earth.

"Ok you can stop now," I tell him as our steps slow to a stop in front of an elevator.

"Are they on the roof?"

"No probably the top lounge area. The one they surrounded you with," I mumble as my focus is directed towards the floor options in front of me. I pick the needed one and the both of us wait for the door to close and take us up there.

"We can get help if you want," I tell him. Loki stiffens and turns to me.

"Get help....?"

"Yeah," I say and furrow my eyebrows from his nervous face, "as in tell Tony to control them as well."

Loki's face relaxes as he puffs air out of his cheeks, "your version of get help is way better than mine."

"What is it?" I ask, now curious.

Loki clicks his tongue and the elevator dings, "Ask Thor. He enjoys it..."

I nod and the doors slid open.

"Finally!" Thor's voice booms. Everyone's view switches onto us and everyone's, but Tony's, eyes conveyed the same emotion....anger.

"So...what's up everyone?"

<><><><><><>
Hellooo! I promised someone I would upload the next day and it's 2am but I stayed up to finish writing this and upload! It's not edited so I'm sorry🥺. How are you guys? If my life was interesting I'd tell y'all but my life is fr so boring 💔🥀 I have the same schedule every day😭😭