Chapter 10

Cassidy's pov
I opened my eyes and remembered magcon today. Magcon started at 10 am and it was only 7 so I got up and grabbed a sweatshirt and flip flops and kept my Nike pros on and walked downstairs. I saw nick and a girl talking so I hid behind a wall and watched them. He said something and she giggled and started blushing like crazy.
Way to go little man.
She pulled her phone out and stuck her bottom lip out. They exchanged a few words and they hugged awkwardly and she walked away. He sat down and ran his hands threw his hair and smiled. I walked over and sat across from him.
"Wassup big guy" I said trying to be ghetto. He laughed at me and smiled.
"Wanna go to Starbucks?" I said pulling a 20 out of my pocket. He nodded and we walked to starbucls. We ordered and sat down and ate. I checked the time and it was 8:30 am.
"We should probably head back" I said standing up.
"Yeah" he said and we both stood up and walked out. He insisted on me giving him a piggy back so we we're halfway back to the hotel, when a couple fans stopped us.
"Oh my god your cassidy and nick reed I love you guys" she said. She looked around 15 and she was pretty. We room a few pictures and we finally made it back to the hotel at 9am.
"Oh my god where were you!" Maggie yelled. She looked like she just got out the shower.
"Starbucks with nick" I said putting my phone on the nightstand.
"Just go shower and I got your outfit." Madison said and I made a bee line to the bathroom. I probably took the quickest shower of my life and ran back to the room.
"Put this on" Madison said handing me clothes. I put on light wash shorts and a crop white long sleeve sweater that exposed my stomach a bit. I curled my hair in waves and put on low top red converse. I put on some mascara and mint EOS and sat down out of breathe.
"Cass come on it's time to go" maggie said. I nodded and stood up and heard my phone ring.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hello is this cassidy reed?"
"Yes"
"We're calling to tell you that your parents got into a horrible accident and they passed" the women said. I almost dropped my phone and the tears swelled in my eyes.
"O-okay thank you for calling my bye." I said and hung up.
"Hey mags I'm gonna skip the show I don't feel so well tell everyone I love them" I yelled and ran to the bathroom. I closed the door and put my hand over my mouth and feel to the ground. I put my knees up to my chest and cried and cried. It soon became choked sobs and I couldn't control my tears. My phone blew up with more hate because I wasn't at the show. I couldn't do it anymore. I grabbed a blade and made at least more than 50 cuts on my thighs and ankles. I hate my life I tell myself over and over again. With all the hate, my dad and bother dying, my mom and step dad dying God knows how, being sexually harassed numerous times, not being pretty enough, or skinny enough I don't have perfect skin, no ones going to be there for me anymore. The blood has bleed out to the floor, so I quickly clean them up and wipe the excess mascara out from under my eyes. I go onto the dallas airport website and see there is a flight leaving in an hour an a half to lax. I change into baggy black sweatpants and an old cheer shirt and my black vans. I put my hair into a messy bun. I decided I wouldn't leave a letter because no one would care if I left anyway. I take an anxiety pill, and quickly leave the room and tell the limo driver to bring me to the airport.
"Shit" I mutter under my breath.
"Anything wrong?" The limo driver asks.
"Can you please bring me back to the hotel and hurry." I said quickly and he sped back to the hotel. I snuck into the magcon show and pulled nick backstage without anyone seeing me.
"Woah cass what's wrong?" Nick said.
"We're leaving I'll tell you why on the way to the airport just come on" I said dragging him out of the convention quickly. He ran to his room and grabbed his things and we quickly got back into the limo with an hour an a half to spare.
"Thank you" I mumbled and the limo driver drove to the airport. He got out and helped us with our bags and told us to have a safe flight. We walked into the airport to be greeted by a burst of air which made my eyes sting. They printed our ticket and we made our way threw security to be stopped by my pills.
"I take them for anxiety" I said quietly. They nodded and felt me up which was very very uncomfortable. They touched my thighs and ankles which made me flinch slightly but not enough for them to notice. We finally made it through security and got some Starbucks and walked to our gate. Nick kept giving me long hard stares and I shrugged him off and played with the sleeves on my sweatshirt not even wanting to look at my phone and see all the annoying apologies about my loss. We finally boarded the plane and I store out the window.
"Why did we have to leave!" Nick half yells.
"First of all be quiet and I'll tell you when we get home." I said and leaned my head on the window and buckled my seatbelt. Nick grunted and leaned his head back and sighed.
*skip airplane*
We got out of the uber drivers car and walked to the front porch. I reached into my pocket and pulled the keys out. I unlocked the door and all the memories flooded back. Like the time, nick dropped the cake batter all over my mom, or when Adam gave me piggy backs around the house even when I was still heavy. The tears grew into my eyes and nick put his hand on my shoulder.
"Cassidy what's wrong" nick said more demanding. I grabbed his hand and we sat down on the couch. I took a big breath and slowly let it go.
"Nick m-mom and dad d-d-died" I said and bit my lip trying to hold back the tears. Nicks eyes began to tear up and he shook his head. My lip began to tremble, but I had to stay strong for him. He lost it and began to sob and put his head in my lap. I ran my fingers threw his hair, and lost it. I began to cry and cry and cry. After an hour of uncontrollably sobbing we calmed down and I stood up and checked the time.
6:38.
"Want dinner nick?" I said walking to the kitchen. He nodded and I made some cold cut sandwiches and we ate in silence. My phone blew up with texts from all the boys but I ignored It and went to sleep.