Chapter 3 - For Here or To Go?

° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing

° ° °

"So... you are telling me that... we were made to be eaten?" you face filled with horror.

Pastry cookie nods somberly. She had taken you to a seperate room to tell you what she had told all the others.

"I saw it, it was... it was awful. I didnt know how to feel, I want to believe and trust what Ive learned before but..." she looks up at you, saddened by the re-telling of the story. "Im just so conflicted"

You comfort her, and pat her back lightly, and she sits there trying to not tear up.

"And thats why we need your help, I need to go back, but I need help. I came here but, it seems they were dealing with their own issues aswell" she stated, wiping her eyes.

"Of course, Ill help with anything I can" you say softly, hoping that will cheer her up.

"Madeleine said you can heal, is that all?" She asks

You feel slightly flustered, as you remove your hand from her back, and rub the back of your neck.

"Well... kinda, I think. But I do healing best, I learned it from my mother, she wanted me to be a healer" you say, spinning your hand as a small circle of f/c light follows.

"I can do that" you disappointingly state, before stopping and watching the light fade out.

She laughs softly, before shaking her head. "Dont worry, even just healing is fine, though Im sure Espresso could help you figure out what else you can do".

You sheepishly smile, before standing up, and watching her stand uo next to you.

"So, you should get back to the group. They may want to talk to you before we leave tomorrow." She says, heading towards the door, opening it and holding it open for you

"Thank you, do you know where they might be?" You ask, hoping this interaction between you and the rest of the group will be quick. You were tired, and you still had to go find and check up on Pancake.

"The same meeting room we were in a few hours ago. Im sure they are there" she says, a little more cheerful this time, before waving, "Goodnight Y/n"

"Goodnight Pastry" you respond, turning in your heel to head to the meeting room. The sooner you get this over with, the better. You could feel your eyes begin to droop a little.

You walk up to the door, and push it open. Inside, Raspberry is passed out leaning on the table, and Espresso and Madeleine were bickering. Suprise suprise.

"Well well well, if it isnt the person of the hour" Espresso says.

"I talked to Pastry, I feel bad for her" you say, twiddling your thumbs and looking down.

"But Im sure you can help, now, come here" Madeliene says. "How well can you heal?"

"Well.. its been a while since Ive had to" you respond, kind of nervous.

"No problem, here, give it a shot" he says before hitting Espresso in the head with the handle of his sword. This dazed him, and chipped the top of his head.

"You asshole!" Espresso shouts, startling Raspberry awake.

She shuffles a little, before turning to the cookies. "What are you guys doing?" She tiredly asks, before yawning. She stands up and stretches.

"Well, this dickhead is trying to make Y/n test out their abilities, but he used me as a teat subject" he grits through his teeth. "You know you can go to your room now Raspberry"