Chapter 4 - A safe place

A/n: Lmao sorry, I had a harder time finding a moment to write a little. Ill try to catch up today and tomorrow

°°°

Warning/s: Cussing

°°°

You had loaded up your sugar horse with one bag of your belongings, and a few of Pastry's and Raspberry's belongings. There wasnt enough horses for all of you to ride, so you would have to walk and have the two horses you did have carry items you needed.

It was still early in the morning, the sun had barely begun to rise, and it was definitely a lot colder now than it was during the day.

You had been giving better armour, courtesy of Madeliene, so that you could take more hits from enemies you might run into. You werent too sure about how well the s/f/c armour worked but, it had to be better than your regular clothes.

"We need to head out now, the sooner we get there, the sooner we can set up a camp and the sooner we can take back the tower." Madeleine says very surely, looking back to a tired set of cookies.

"Talk to me when I can keep my eyes open longer than 5 seconds" Espresso said, leaning on the second sugar horse.

Madeliene sighs, and turns to start leading the group. You turn your head back and look at the distant castle. You had hoped Pancake would be alright, he seems like hes in good hands. You'd be back before you knew it.

For now, there was a long road ahead of you guys.

° ° ° ° °

"Can you not walk slower than my grandma, Im going to end up tripping you" Espresso said annoyed. "You have a grandma?" Raspberry questioned, receiving a death glare in return. Madeliene then completely stopped, causing Espresso to run directly into him.

"Wow, didnt know we were get all touchy here" Madeliene mocked, as Espresso jumped back.

"You did that on purpose" Espresso hissed.

"You guys are acting like that of Children" Pastry said, looking to you for agreement, only to be met with you completely entertained self. Despite the situation at hand, you had to admit, these guys were immature, it was amusing. She rolled her eyes and went foward, now leading the group.

You play along.
"Y'know Madeliene" you lean in close, and speak just loud enough for Espresso to hear, "I bet hes mad because he has the hots for you"

You are suddenly yanked back by an angry Espresso, "You, do NOT provoke him" he says. Too late.

"Aww, Im sorry Espresso, I didnt know you were the sensitive type with feelings" Madeliene jokes, walking along side Espresso now.

"Guys"

"Dont touch me, Ill bite you" Espresso threatens, drifting father away from Madeliene as he walked.

"Wow thats, moving foward in the relationshipna little fast but, if you want to move that fast, I wont complain" Madeliene smugly replies, closing the drift.

"Guys."

"Can I be the marriage officiant?" Raspberry asks, now joining the conversation.

"GUYS!" Pastry says yelling this time. Everyone stops, silence fell apon them, "I think we should stop here, we are getting too close, we need to set up a place to hide" she says, with a serious tone.

We all collectively nod, and begin to unload the supplies we brought. After searching, we found a quiet spot with a cave like structure. It was shallow, but just big enough that you could walk on your knees and fit. There was a thick amount of trees around, a mizture of green and purple-ish-brown. It would be hard to spot unless you knew what you were looking for.