Chapter 29 - All's Well That Ends Well

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: None, or maybe semi-short chapter

A/n: You should like, follow me on tiktok if you have it @ purevanilla_simp
Maybe, only if you want.
Okay bye now.

° ° ° ° °

"And do you, Y/n Cookie, take Red Velvet to be your lawfully weddeded... husband??" Pancake yelled out, standing behind a cardboard box with coloring books scattered on top.

"I do." You smiled at Red Velvet, he was staring very lovingly into your eyes.

"Great, now kiss eachother!" Pancake said before turning and covering his eyes, making fake gagging sounds. You rolled your eyes, and gave Red Velvet a quick peck on the lips, before turning back to Pancake.

"You can turn around now." You said holding back a laugh. He turned around to witness you go back and kiss Red Velvet again.

"You tricked me! Gross!" He shielded his eyes and made an attempt to run away, only to bump into the vase of fake flowers Custard set out.

Custard scoffed, "Hey! Dont ruin the decorations, they took a long time to make."

You picked up the flowers and put them back in the vase, set them on the floor. Then you walked hand in hand with Red Velvet to the table. They set up a small table with a few more flowers, ones they stole from Herb, and random treats they could find.

"Uhh... I think my Jelly roll has some custard in it..." Red Velvet showed the bite of food on his fork, with the custard.

"Oops, I should have worn a hair net..." Custard said as he grabbed the bite of food straight off the fork, and threw it to Chiffon. He happily ate the food, and waited to be given more.

You giggled at Red Velvet, "I promise at the real Wedding, the food wont have hair in it. Or uh..." you looked over at the cakes stealing the food and eating it as quickly as possible, as Custard with his staff, poking them and Pancake with a broom try to shoo them away. "Or a bunch of cakes stealing our food."

He smiled, "Id love that, I hope the chairs are a little bigger too-" he said, as he stood up, the kids chair still stuck to his body. You almost choked on your food as you laughed at him, he just sat back down, embarrassed.

"And hey... you're wearing the dress." You say with a sly smile, before covering your ears with your hands and taking off.

"What- absolutely not, I already picked a suit... Y/n get back here!" Red Velvet went to chased after you, the chair still stuck to him.

"I cant hear you!" You yelled after him.

°

Its been a little over a year since that last battle, and of course, not every cookie accepted Red Velvet when he first got here. You and him rented a small house to stay in, and at least a few times a week, there would be rather hateful notes left in the mailbox.

You brushed it off, and helped him to show everyone the real Red Velvet. He did his best to help where he could, and kept out of everyones way. Eventually most of everyone warmed up to him, either apologizing for the notes or just, not sending them anymore.

The house needed an upgrade, and you two were able to get a much bigger place, one that fit all the cakes, with room to spare. After your guys' experiences with parents, you werent too sure about raising a whole kid, but Custard made a good place holder.

He'd come over every so often, usually when Pancake was in town, and visit. Pancakes mom stepped up, after hearing what you took her son through, and wasnt very trusting for a while. Eventually, she started letting him visit again. The two would have a lot of fun, this time, they planned a wedding for you two.

Of course, your mom never came around, and only contacted your aunt to let her know that you were dead to her. Big shocker. But that didnt bother you too much.

And of course, one of your newer accomplishments...

"Here Y/n! I have a letter for you~" Latte said as she danced around with an envelope. She handed it over, waiting for you to open it. She looked rather excited so, it had to be something good.

Dear Y/n Cookie,

We would like to humbly invite you to join our apprenticeship program, where you would come teach the work arounds and odd ends of Magic. Since healing is your specialty, you can choose to teach healing OR become a teacher for a subject akin to healing. Latte here expressed such wonderful things about you, and we would love for you to come see us.

Sincerely, The Parfaedia Institute

"AND they offer great payyy, I know you've been looking for a more stable job, paying for a real wedding is really expensive." Latte danced around you as you read the letter. This meant you had a chance to do something you never thought'd you'd be able to do. Maybe even help young cookies find what their really passionate about, something you couldn't do.

And of course, a few extra dollars a month wouldnt hurt, you could give Red Velvet the Wedding he wanted.

"Tell them Ill see them on Monday." You said with a bright smile, she was excited for you, and ran off to let them know right away.

Red Velvet made some money and burned time by working with Madeleine Cookie and Milk Cookie, training for any unexpected occurrences.

Of course, not to alert the peaceful kingdom you lived in but, the 3 knew the war was still going on, you knew it was still active. It was just a grace period.

But you tried to not let that get you down, and instead thought of it as Red Velvet proving hes trustworthy and dependable, which you were sure he was.

"You seem to be thinking a lot... is it because I pushed you into that river...?" Red Velvet asked, setting down his cup of hot Coco. You glared at him for bringing that up again.

"Hey, in my defense, I thought it was frozen, like ice, and then you just.... plop." He explained, telling the story of events with his hands.

"No no, Im just thinking about the future and stuff." You mumbled, turning back to the fire to keep drying off.

"Our future?" He questioned, to which you just nodded.

"Im worried I guess." You say, with a hint of sadness in your voice.

"Hey, look it will be alright. I dont mind if it takes a while to get married, take as long as you need, it gives us more time to get to know eachother. And if you really want a kid, I wouldnt mind raising one with you, adoption or, whatever suits your taste." He comforted you.

"And the war?" You asked.

He blew a Raspberry, "They would be silly to try and attack us again now that they dont have their all powerful grandma on their side. We'll be safe." He rubbed your shoulder, being careful not to spill the cup he had in his other hand.

You smiled endearingly at him, "I love you Red Velvet." You leaned your head against his shoulder, staring into the fire.

"I love you too Y/n."