Chapter 21 - Butterview

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing

A/n: The POV is gunna be a little weird in this one.

° ° ° ° °

~Red Velvet's POV~

We had finally reached a part of landscape that wasnt just sand and clay, there wasnt sand being constantly thrown up into our eyes anymore. The Pancake Cookie was sitting on Y/n's sugar horses, chattering away while I listened. Or tried to listen.

I felt my mind drift from whatever Pancake was talking about, to Y/n. I was worried about them, as much as Id rather not admit. They are in way over their head, thinking they could just get their magic back.

It was a terrifying thought the back of my head, I knew Strawberry Crepe worked really hard to make sure it was nearly impossible to reverse the effects the big machine. Maybe they messed up? And its possible to get Y/n their healing magic back?

My mind also wandered even further, they consisted of how I felt about them. I enjoyed their company of course, and I admired how strong and rather fetching they were but, I could never. Getting with Dark Enchantress' sworn enemy? She'd hate me, more than she does now.

She must know something is up, I just hope she doesnt know the full extent.

"And then I told them to bring me a refill, and when they opened the cup, all my crayons were inside! So we got kicked out of the restaurant..." Pancake told me, another story about how much trouble he gets into. I laughed a little, he was an odd one, for sure.

"So, how do you know Y/n?" You ask him, and he takes a deep breath.

"Well, when they were little, I was baked, and my mom and her mom are sisters so they are my cousin, and we hung out sometimes but their mom moved away and then I didnt hear from them for a long time until one day they were at our door crying, and saying that their mom couldnt know they were there so my mom, who had just gotten a divorce said sure and then they started taking care of me while my mom worked and slept most of the time and then one day they got a letter thingy and then we went to the kingdom and now we are here so yeah." he said before catching his breath. I blinked a few times, goddamn, I wasnt expecting that-

"Oh, that was a lot." I said, while he was still breathing heavily.

"What about you? They told me a little but, how do you know them?" He asked me, leaning in close for my answer.

"Oh, I hit them on the head hard enough to kidnap them and then I made them take care of my kids." I said nonchalantly. I mean I guess it was a bad thing, you arent supposed to kidnap people, but what can I say? Im the villian here.

Now it was his turn to repeatedly blink at me, before muttering a small "oh."

I kinda felt bad, like I made it awkward.

"But... now we are on better terms, and Im going to help them get their powers back, theirs and Custards. I promise." I said with an upbeat tone. He seemed much more pleased with this answer.

"Are you guys like friends?" I heard Custard ask, I didnt know he was awake, or listening.

I paused, I mean, I wouldnt mind being friends, or mo-

UH, but thats for them to decide, not me, I'll only call us what they feel comfortable with.

"I dunno, you should ask them when they are feeling better." Was the best answer I could come up with.

"Why is your arm like that?" Pancake spoke up again.

Damn, they asked a lot of questions.

"Well, I was made a little differently, and I ended up with a connection to another kind, my kind, the cakes. The discrimination they face is infuriating, and I can see that now, which is why Im fighting for them." I explained as well as I could, without confusing them. They both nodded.