Chapter 16 - Untrust

° ° ° ° °
Spoiler warning for the video 9-3
Just wanted to show you Healer cookies voice. The giggle always gets me.

Warning/s: Cussing

° ° ° ° °

The room was warm, there was a small fire and you had tons of warm blankets around you. You had been given fresh clothes, a huge upgrade to the ones you had before. They were a soft f/c set of protective gear. Comfortable enough to sleep in.

But you kept the strawberry hat, you didnt want to take that off.

You sat on your bed, staring off into space. On one side was Pancake cookie, who didnt want to leave your side. He promised to protect you from the "evil bad guys" while you slept. He was really sweet.

On the otherside was Custard cookie, who was afraid to be alone.

At first, you guys thought it was contagious, or that you were affecting other people and immediately they quarantined you and Custard from all other magic based cookies. The healing cookies were all still in the shelter, you hadnt interacted with any of them.

Then, Herb cookie volunteered to be a test subject, and he left the shelter to be tested. You held onto him for 3 or more hours, more time than you had spent with Custard. You hand had to he on his arm the entire time, which hurt after a while, but it gave you results. Or rather lack thereof.

At the end, he could still heal himself and other people, and the theory was ruled out. There was no true reason as to why Custard couldnt heal anyone.

He told you everything he remembered, and no where did he mention the big scary machine that hurt. He just remembered being carried by Dark Choco, it eventually getting dark out, them making a small place for them to sleep, and then waking up to you carrying him.

It destroyed him, he had been crying almost all day, and he didnt want to go to the shelter with the rest of the healer cookies.

"Im useless now, those villans wont bother me. I dont need the extra protection of the shelter." he had told Madeleine with such an empty voice.

So now he was sleeping next to you. It brought him some comfort to know you were going through something similar.

Now you had another reason to go back, to try and get back Custard's healing abilities.

On the floor, under the bed, was were Bundt was hiding. Youd explained everything to him, and he seemed to understand, you think... He stayed in your room and you brought him some snacks. You also "dropped" a blanket for him on the floor, one that looked oddly similar to the one he had given you. Not quite the same, the one he gave you was some where in Red Velvets Tower.

He used that blanket and was sleeping peacefully under the bed, it wasnt ideal but it had to be a hell of a lot better than his prior living conditions.

You pulled a blanket over yourself, and tried to get comfortable enough to sleep. It felt like your eyes were peeled open, and it was hard to close them. Everytime you felt the start to droop, you vividly picture somethat that happened that day. You kept seeing Red Velvet helping you leave, the castle as it was being attacked by some unknown cookies. Dark Enchantress as she stood over you while you were in an extreme amount of pain, and Pure Vanilla's face as you made your escape.

You kept seeing the pure horror on Raspberries and Custards face as they realized what was happening. The dull cookie that now slept quietly next to you.

It was going to he a rough first night back...

° ° °

Dark Choco sighed as he brought in the vial containing a bright blue liquid. It had a glow to it, made you feel warm and fuzzy. Well, it WOULD make you feel warm qnd fuzzy, if you were anyone other than Dark Choco Cookie.