Chapter 24 - A Mother's Child

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Harsh-ish language

A/n: Its been a hot moment, if theres any spelling errors or incorrect pronouns let me know-

° ° ° ° °

She wandered far out to the upper throne room, the one she vowed to never use. The memories that haunted her followed, the silhouettes of cookies crumbling around her. They were here, and she knew it, but she would have to deal with them in a moment.

Frosting and jam dripped down her arm, she had made sure to take it apon herself to punish Red Velvet. The smell of death had filled the empty hallways, the confused and hurt cakes lay there, some struggling to hold out, others dead. The moment she heard of the sightings of Red Velvet in multiple cities after he failed to replenish the army, she was enraged. The cakes were the ones to pay the price.

"Im going to kill every last one of these pitiful beings, and then he is next. I do not need disobedience among my army, I have my ways of getting a new one." She announced to herself, the echo bouncing against the walls. The crazed look in her eyes only instensified as she depearted from the room, knowing all well she had some uninvited guests to tend to. Perhaps these cakes could be useful, the dishes that were served had to be delicious after all...

° ° ° ° °

Madeleine had been sending group after group all day, some to keep looking for Y/n, and others to investigate the tretourious castle. He warned them to not get to close, he couldnt risk losing more cookies.

Meanwhile, a certain couple had arrived to the kingdom, a horse pulling the prettiest of carriages with them in it. With them was two younger cookies, both of which looked very similar to the couple.

"Halt. State your names and your intentions." Knight cookie stopped the carriage, the Mayor sticking his head out.

"It has nothing to do with you, its simply matters between our fair city and your... lackluster kingdom and ots ruler." He said with a very pompous attitude, disregarding the knights job. Knight cookie huffed and pointed his weapon at the Mayor, who shrunk back.

"We are currently at war, and will not allow those who have no reason to be here, into the kingdom. Turn around and leave." Knight demaned, readying himself to call out for back up and fight. The mayor raised his hands in the air in defeat, almost falling out of the carriage.

"Alright alright, we are here to discuss Y/n. Are you sure you still want to turn us away?" He said very slyly, watching knight cookies face distort into an unexplainable expression.

"Follow me..." he said, letting them through the gate, tucking his sword away. The mayor smiled smuggly, sliding back into the carriage as the butler leaded the horses in. The kingdom was still deserted, most cookies were hiding in their homes or in the shelter. Prune cookie looked out the window, scoffing at the poor state of the kingdom. Her city was still in top shape, even with the current war, she was highly critical of this acclaimed kingdom.

Knight cookie brough the carriage up to the front of the castle before stopping.

"Madeleine doesnt want visitors in the castle, Ill bring him to you." He stated, nodding at the butler to get off the carriage.

Prune cookie stared out, annoyed, "That is no way to treat guests, we should be allowed in." She said very matter of a factly, the Mayor agreeing with her. Knight cookie rolled his eyes, ignoring them and walking in. At the front was Madeleine and Espresso cookie, both talking. He seemed to be in a good mood, for now anyways.

"Madeleine sir, I have cookies outside that would like to speak to you. I believe they have information on Y/n." Knight cookie explained, and of course the name caught Madeleines attention. His happy smile fell into a blank look as nodded at the Knight. He walked past him, a grave look on his face. Outside, he was met with 5 cookies, one with a fancy suit to match the carriage they arrived in.