Chapter 12 - One of them

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Cussing

° ° ° ° °

It did take some getting used to but, you were used to being in the building. You felt like a traitor but, a traitor on death row has nothing to fear. Except for maybe Red Velvet.

You two were basically attached at the hip, aside form when he went to do training with the aray of cake beings. Now this definitely made you feel like a traitor. But, you werent sure why.

Were you two friends? Or was it just a hostage situation and you felt like you had to be friendly. It was confusing. You tried to not think about that too much, and just live in the moment.

The moment being you two having a tea party with the cakes.

There was a soft light blue blanket on the floor, littered with tea cups of all shapes and sizes. He didnt have a tea set so, this had to do. There was 3 tea pots, all filled with green tea. There was small biscuits and jellies, which mostly you and Red Velvet ate.

The cakes were all enjoying it, clinking their cups together and drinking the tea. A few of them had crowns on them, one of the crowns even ended up on Red Velvet.

There was 2 cakes in your lap, and one in Red Velvets lap, and a cake hound laying next to him. He had told you his name was Chiffon. He gave the cakes really odd names.

"So, what were you doing in the new kingdom" he asked you, stirring in 2 tons of sugar into his tea.

"I was invited, I was meant to try to help" you frowned, "I didnt do a very good job, as you can see."

You werent too keen on telling him everything but, this didnt seem harmful, not something he could use against you later.

"Well, it would have been impossible for all of you to escape, I was supposed to get Pastry cookie too. I saw her. But you did a number on me and I didnt have the strength to go after her." he explained, then sipping his pure sugar.

"What was that thing you did, it felt shocking, what was that?" He asked, making eye contact with you. You looked away, unable to keep the contact.

"I dont really know, Ive never done that before, I just panicked at that happened." You say, pouring yourseof more tea. The cakes began to go back to playing or sleeping, only a few were around drinking the tea.

He hummed, a short way of acknowledging what you said.

"This round goes out soon, that means you will too" he commented, sounding a little sad.

Maybe he would know.

"Do you know what they are supposed to do to me?" You asked, "Aside from the manual labor, of course"

He shrugged, guess he didnt know. You sighed and went back to stiring your nearly empty tea.

"Why are you here?" You ask, breaking the silence that began to build up. This suprised him, he nearly choked on his tea.

He coughs to clear whatever tea that managed to get through, and looked at you, not sure he had a way to answer that.

He smirked, "Because I work here" he went back to his tea.

"No shit, but why do you work here? I mean, you dont really seem like the kind to just become a villan." You scooted over to force him to engage in the conversation.

"I didnt really have a choice. I believe what the witches were doing was wrong, and I believe the purposeful separation between cookie and cake is unnecessary. I think we should be able to live together" he looks back at you, a hint of disgust in his eyes, "Nobody else wants that"